Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worried about Bundy

Wikiposts

Worried about Bundy

Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worried about Bundy

If everyone lived their lives in such a positive thinking manner then maybe the world would be a more...erm...positive place!!! Not one for words..me...

Good on ya' Bundy and good luck and best wishes to you, whatever you may do. x

( P.s, so pleased to hear that Bundymum is still going strong. Like mother, like daughter. x )
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Oh gawd Bundy, good to hear that your mum is still battling through her chemo with a smile, but very sorry to hear about your split with Mr B and that your plans to go to Oz are no more. Thinking of you. HPx
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hya Bundy

Really sorry about you and MrB but as you say, given the past couple of years, even the strongest relationships falter.

Good idea to move on completely. Not sure about Leeds but whatever pulls your string!

Embrace new life and sincerely hope things go well for BM.

Keep chin well up and don't smell the sh*t. All the best.

Penny
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Take care B.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:14 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

You don't do things by halves do you Bundy

Hope BM is OK and remains as comfy as possible.

You look after yourself and drop in from time to time.

Best wishes

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:18 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Que sera sera........what will be, will be.

Ya know my thoughts Bundster
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:21 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Oh Bundy, I'm sorry to hear about you and Mr B. Yes you are right, a complete change will be best for both of you. Pleased that your mum is do well, love and hugs to the both of you and good luck for the future.
Hugs
Sarah
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:21 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
You don't do things by halves do you Bundy
LOL! I like to think I'm getting all my life crises over in a year. Seems sort of tidier that way

You know me, I'm a positive kind of person so I can't see anything to get too down about. Crappy stuff happens so that you can spot the good stuff when it comes along.
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:25 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bundy
Hello everyone,

Look at me! Logged on at work! Maybe the exile is over….

Thanks for your concern guys, and sorry for having disappeared for so long. The firewall was one thing, but as others have said, things have been a little hectic of late and to be honest, the forum has been rather a long way down my list of priorities.

So, where to start? With BundyMum first. She's ok, but not great. She's halfway through her chemo now, still has all her hair and hasn't lost any weight (about which she whinges!), but the third dose has knocked her for six. She had a DVT which was a bit scary, and ulcer that won't heal and then an infection that put her in hospital in isolation (amusing pictures of BundyFamily in gowns and purple gloves to follow). She is back home now, but not feeling her best. We were all out there for her birthday a couple of weeks ago, just before she was admitted to hosp, and she was pretty cheerful about having seen another year go past. We'll know where we are in a couple of months when she finishes her chemo, but for now she continues to battle on, smiling as she goes.

And on to the rest of my life….it's been, erm, a little bit strange, these last few months. Sadl, but somewhat inevitably, Mr B and I have split up. The trials of the last year, heaped on top of various niggles from way before, have proved too much and there was no answer but for things to end. After 5 years it is pretty sad, but we were both miserable and despite our best efforts for nearly a year, couldn't put right the things that had gone wrong. It was my decision, so I'm ok with it, but Mr B is less so. Things got a little out of control for a while, hence copious amounts of time off work and a stint staying with friends, and we're not much closer to the whole 'amicable' thing, but we'll get there and both move on. Just think it's happening a little quicker for me than for him and he's having trouble accepting and adjusting. Hence my going AWOL from the forum - since I will no longer be going to Australia, I've not really felt the inclination to spend all day on the Aussie forum.

As if all this wasn't enough, I've now been told that my job is being changed in dramatic fashion, but without any hope of redundancy, leaving me little choice but to resign. The letter is written and was to be handed in this week, but various serious internal wranglings mean that I'm waiting a week or so. There is no future for me here and I'm not that enamoured with my job that I want to cling onto it through thick and thin! So the aim is to leave before the Summer Schools (and don't tell anyone, it's all a big secret at the moment).

All this means that I'm working to the theory that if I'm going to change one thing in my life, I may as well change them all. So I'm going to leave Cambridge and head north where I have good friends. I'm looking for work with Leeds Uni and have a couple of options. I'm leaving behind all the unhappy bits of the last couple of years and looking ahead to a better future with me towards the centre of it rather than somewhere out on the edge. I'm re-establishing old friendships that have suffered in the light of ever-about-to-emigrate focus. The people in my life are proving to be worth way more than their weight in gold and I'm suddenly very positive about my future, excited about where things will lead. It's not easy letting go of a lot of dreams, but it's a relief to do so when those dreams aren't fitting any more. New dreams, new direction, new life. New Bundy. It's not all bad!

I'll still be around on the forum, still be giving you BM updates, but forgive me if I don't dwell on the Aussie forum too much. Bit raw, for now, at least. Some of you knew about all this and I'm really grateful for the support and words of wisdom you offered (you know who you are).

That's all for now. Bundy's chin is bruised but firmly pointing upwards! And remembering the wise words of my younger brother - sh*t happens, but it doesn't need to stick. Tis my motto these days.

Bye for now!

Bundy
Wow Bundy you really are a brillant woman your post has choked me, I wish you all the very best in your new life wherever it may be.

Kay

p.s. bloody good retail therepy in Leeds make sure you spoil yourself
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:29 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
p.s. bloody good retail therepy in Leeds make sure you spoil yourself

I've just discovered the concept of retail therapy, having been a non-girly girl all my life. My thinking is, new life, new wardrobe
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I've just discovered the concept of retail therapy, having been a non-girly girl all my life. My thinking is, new life, new wardrobe
We will need pictures

G
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:41 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

excellent way of thinking
Old Mar 10th 2005, 10:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Grayling
We will need pictures

G

You're on
Old Mar 10th 2005, 11:43 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell Bundy alot has been happening...were do i start, BM...glad she is coping well despite her numerous problems and it's sounds as though she has the most wonderful and supportive family anyone could wish for.

I am so sorry to her about you and Mr B...but like you say if you are so miserable apart then why stay together , life is far to short, and what time we have on the earth we should making the damn well best off.

Australia ....one day may come again, what will be will be....

I truely hope you find happiness once more....but within first...The North has some wonderful places and people, and Leeds has the most super shops so get that retail therapy in to action.

Keep us updated ....and there is always the lounge forum, who else is going to keep the 'crap' thread going.

take care....<<<<< a happy hug >>>>>>

Donna x
Old Mar 11th 2005, 12:49 am
Go Banana's !!

Flippin heck Bundy !! And I thought our lives were hectic whilst in the UK.

Good onya girl and I'm really pleased to hear your mum's battling through.

Having lived near Cambridge and worked in Leeds recently I can thoroughly recommend the place.

Sorry to hear about Mr. B but I'm sure that after being voted the forum's Most fanciable female you won't have a problem finding another !!

Anyway, keep in touch and good luck with whichever way destiny take you. I will always be grateful for your support when i was in the UK on my tod whilst the girls were over here.

Best wishes

Warren

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.