Worried

Old Jan 23rd 2002, 6:55 am
Forum Regular

Lynn-ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
I'am hoping that my husband's spouse visa will be processed without problems but there is always a element of doubt that can keep you awake in the middle of the night, as I expect with any sort of visa.
My worry is this:- I am Australian and I have sponsed my husband. Will they allow this as we are both living in England at the moment. For sponsering I have told them that the sale from our house will be enough to support my husband for the next two years in the event my husband does not gain employment during that time. Do you think this will be enough for them or will they want , say his cousin living in Australia to sponser him.
Can anyone give me comforting words. We can prove the amount of equity in our house.
Thanks best wishers
Old Jan 23rd 2002, 7:55 am
Came Back 2003

heading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really niceheading downunder 2002 is just really nice

Hi Lynn,

I don't know much about spouse visas but some friends of ours, she is Australian he is British, got their visa with no problems. It took about 6 months for it to come through and he has been given a 2 year temporary visa which after 2 years if they are still together he will be able to apply in Australia to have it made permanent.

Good Luck, and I am sure you will have no problems

Susan
Old Jan 24th 2002, 1:58 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I should think all will be fine.
When I applied for my spouse visa (defacto, I'm English, partner Aus) they didn't even ask for any proof that my partner was employed (other than his signed declaration saying so), his parents said in their 888s that they'd let me stay in their house if the worse came to the worse.
Nara
P.S. I was granted the visa in Nov 01.

Originally posted by Lynn-ann
Hi everyone,
I'am hoping that my husband's spouse visa will be processed without problems but there is always a element of doubt that can keep you awake in the middle of the night, as I expect with any sort of visa.
My worry is this:- I am Australian and I have sponsed my husband. Will they allow this as we are both living in England at the moment. For sponsering I have told them that the sale from our house will be enough to support my husband for the next two years in the event my husband does not gain employment during that time. Do you think this will be enough for them or will they want , say his cousin living in Australia to sponser him.
Can anyone give me comforting words. We can prove the amount of equity in our house.
Thanks best wishers
Old Jan 24th 2002, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

Lynn-ann is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Susan and Nara,
Will sleep alittle better now. Got the file No. yesterday. So just playing the waiting game now.