Reload this Page >

Worldwide Travel Insurance

Worldwide Travel Insurance

Old Oct 27th 2009, 1:13 am
Life is for living

Mamma Minty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Worldwide Travel Insurance

Hi there

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on buying worldwide travel insurance in Oz when on a 457? Hubby is currently in Houston working on a project and his company is flying me and the children over for two months, and stopping for a week at Christmas in UK so thought it would be best to make sure we were covered for any eventuallity.

The reason I'm asking is one site I searched on for a quote, said that one of the party travelling had to be a permanent resident. We dont have our PR yet. Don't want to be caught short if something untoward happened.

Any advice and / or recommendation for travel insurance would be appreciated.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 2:31 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worldwide Travel Insurance

Buy travel insurance in the country you are resident in and would want to be repatriated to in the event of an emergency.

Most policies will cover you for 90 days away but they do vary so check.
Old Oct 27th 2009, 2:40 am
Life is for living

Originally Posted by Centurion
Buy travel insurance in the country you are resident in and would want to be repatriated to in the event of an emergency.

Most policies will cover you for 90 days away but they do vary so check.
Thanks for that - didnt think of the obvious !! Do you know of any good insurance companies?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 2:48 am
Just Joined

Joshdownunder is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked this all out recently as I'm on a 457 in Oz - most companies won't insure you if you are not a PR. We found one called http://www.insure4less.com.auand insured at lloyds of london, who allow you to buy a policy so long as you have been living in Oz for the past 3 months.
Hope this helps.
Josh
Old Oct 27th 2009, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Scoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really niceScoult is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mamma Minty
Thanks for that - didnt think of the obvious !! Do you know of any good insurance companies?
Hey I work in Insurance you will have restrictions on a yearly policy if you are not an Australian PR. Better to get in your country of residence and it will also probably be cheaper too!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:33 pm
Life is for living

Smile Re: Worldwide Travel Insurance

Thanks for the replies - will definitely be getting it from the UK as you are right, it is a lot cheaper. Didn't even cross my mind that I wouldnt be able to get it in Oz, cos I'm not a PR. But hey.......... you live and learn !!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Quinby98 will become famous soon enough

Hey!!
don't look for cheaper one but look for policy which covers all the risk factors, as Insurance is a tool to safeguard individuals and their families from unfortunate losses that happen in the family.