Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Worlds Most Poisonous Places

The Worlds Most Poisonous Places

Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Worlds Most Poisonous Places

I watched a programme of Sky Three last night called The Worlds Most Poisonous Places and surprise surprise, can you guess where the No. 1 place was?

In fact can you guess which country featured three times in the top ten?!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Worlds Most Poisonous Places

Originally Posted by manxfamily
I watched a programme of Sky Three last night called The Worlds Most Poisonous Places and surprise surprise, can you guess where the No. 1 place was?

errrr I'm going to hazard a guess at Australia ?????
Old Nov 17th 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DebraH
errrr I'm going to hazard a guess at Australia ?????
You got it!!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

DebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond reputeDebraH has a reputation beyond repute

You got it!!

how did they work it out then - was it spiders, snakes and jelly fish
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:26 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DebraH
how did they work it out then - was it spiders, snakes and jelly fish

No, it was Fraser, Hels & Arkon.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

I saw it too...having come to terms we will be sharing a country with the known preditors eg sharks, crocs spiders and jellies...i now gotta watch out for cone snails (think thats what they were called) and the duck billed platty puss (it took a bloke 2 months to recover)

Still it could be worse...u dont wanna get a bite off a russel viper now do you...kills off yer pituitary gland....
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:50 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chaval

Still it could be worse.....
You could visit my SIL at Bolnore near Haywards heath...I cant believe they missed that out of the top ten!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 5:58 pm
Forum Regular

suzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant futuresuzannepatricia has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chaval
I saw it too...having come to terms we will be sharing a country with the known preditors eg sharks, crocs spiders and jellies...i now gotta watch out for cone snails (think thats what they were called) and the duck billed platty puss (it took a bloke 2 months to recover)

Still it could be worse...u dont wanna get a bite off a russel viper now do you...kills off yer pituitary gland....
Don't forget the ants!!!! Are cone snails the pretty shells that are on some beaches? :scared:
Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by suzannepatricia
Don't forget the ants!!!! Are cone snails the pretty shells that are on some beaches? :scared:
I've never heard of them before so did a google - pretty little things!
Old Nov 17th 2005, 6:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Let me guess, NO 1 was the Australian Animal Reptile Park wehre they also make the anti-venom. Saw that program just before we left too. I now live approx 10 miles from there and have been twice. But there all under lock and key and they encourage you to catch funnel webs for the venom :scared:

Jo
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: The Worlds Most Poisonous Places

Tesco.
Old Nov 17th 2005, 7:43 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: The Worlds Most Poisonous Places

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Tesco.
I saw the same program in bed with the ex girlfriend and she laughed her arse off when I jumped out of bed every time the snake went to bite someone.

I laugh because she is scared of spiders, but she showed absolutely no fear of snakes.. BITCH hence why she is the ex lol, shes a freak

j time for a or 3
Old Nov 17th 2005, 8:30 pm
Gold Member

skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond reputeskywalker has a reputation beyond repute

you're the man! interesting with the aussie snake... ; what was the most interesting thing?
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:21 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i watched it a while ago - very scary shit eh?:scared:
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Polyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud ofPolyphemus has much to be proud of

From Pedants Corner

Snakes/spiders

Venomous not poisonous (snakes make good eatin' )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.