Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The World has ended as we (I) know it..

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:46 pm
Badge

Default The World has ended as we (I) know it..

bugger

the Missus arrives tomorrow.

It has been PISSING down in Melbourne. Traffic has ground to a crawl - 2hrs 20 drive in, normally less than an hour. First rain of this intensity I have seen this time of day for months. I wanted MrsB to see the Melbourne skyline in the sun so that she could form the correct first impressions of it.

Same tomorrow.

And we had a week of blazing sun and blue skies.

At work, it was "guess you're used to this". "Too bloody right," I said. ""We get days and days like this in Pommieland - you can go weeks without the sun"". Still glad to be here.

BM

Old Apr 22nd 2004, 11:54 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: The World has ended as we (I) know it..

Originally posted by badgersmount

bugger

Isn't it interesting how words can be taken out of context ?

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:07 am
Badge

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Isn't it interesting how words can be taken out of context ?

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:46 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be offline till late Monday, so I can't welcome her properly, for which you may be grateful, Badge!
Hope she settles in OK, look forward to reading her first impressions next week........
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 12:50 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

bugger

It has been PISSING down in Melbourne. Traffic has ground to a crawl - 2hrs 20 drive in, normally less than an hour. First rain of this intensity I have seen this time of day for months. I wanted MrsB to see the Melbourne skyline in the sun so that she could form the correct first impressions of it.

Same tomorrow.

And we had a week of blazing sun and blue skies.

At work, it was "guess you're used to this". "Too bloody right," I said. ""We get days and days like this in Pommieland - you can go weeks without the sun"". Still glad to be here.

BM

She'll still love it, because she is with you!!! ahhhhh
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 1:15 am
Badge

Originally posted by janeyray
She'll still love it, because she is with you!!! ahhhhh
Well she has seen Sydney and liked it, so I felt duty bound to warn her about Melbourne weather and the likes. She maintains that she just wants to be with me. I want to make sure there is no duress going on here and I want her to like Melbourne in her own right. I think she will.

BM

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 1:21 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by badgersmount She maintains that she just wants to be with me.

BM

The poor, misguided soul.

Look at it this way - if she likes Melbourne in the pissing rain then she will love it in the sunshine and all will be well.
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 2:57 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Stephanie the joke is up now. Why carry on with this Badgers persona. Let everyone know how Australia has been for you as a woman.

Give up this obsession with being Badge. Embrace your womanhood.

Let Badge go. Free the Stephanie within
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 3:49 am
Badge

<splutter><cough> oh HUP it has all been so hard.

I have been dying to let the world know but cannot bear the thought of the ridicule..and the shame.

maybe you can help me come to terms with it..

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 4:38 am

gedge has disabled reputation

<splutter><cough> oh HUP it has all been so hard.

I have been dying to let the world know but cannot bear the thought of the ridicule..and the shame.

maybe you can help me come to terms with it..

I knew there was something not quite right.
After all the Ugg boots and the Ute didn't add up did they?
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 4:52 am
Badge

no they didn't.....

(hangs head in shame)

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 5:14 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Oh Badge/Steph - don't be ashamed - we are all here to support and help you.

Here is a link for more info http://www.qrd.org/qrd/trans/1995/tr...asics-03.22.95

but I expect Meg will be along in a minute with a better link.

By the way, got any suggestions on how to start a bastard two-stroke engine mower which has fired into life twice then dies and now responds to nothing (yes the fuel is on, yes I have primed it, yes the lever thingy is in the right position and yes I have kicked it repeatedly while shouting rude things which should endear me to neighbours at any rate)?
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 6:02 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Pollster
By the way, got any suggestions on how to start a bastard two-stroke engine mower which has fired into life twice then dies and now responds to nothing (yes the fuel is on, yes I have primed it, yes the lever thingy is in the right position and yes I have kicked it repeatedly while shouting rude things which should endear me to neighbours at any rate)?
Thats easy: You call out the mower company, who promptly give it one tug and it starts, embarrassing you completely. !!

It happened to us the other week !! But ours worked three times after its last service, before doing the faining dead trick !!

Old Apr 23rd 2004, 7:07 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Oh Badge/Steph - don't be ashamed - we are all here to support and help you.

Here is a link for more info http://www.qrd.org/qrd/trans/1995/tr...asics-03.22.95

but I expect Meg will be along in a minute with a better link.

Do you have oil in the fuel??
Old Apr 23rd 2004, 7:12 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

(yes the fuel is on, yes I have primed it, yes the lever thingy is in
Is the fuel in though??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.