Reload this Page >

Working for a year in NZ

Working for a year in NZ

Old Jul 9th 2003, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

infinity is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working for a year in NZ

Hi,

I have posted a similar question before but I'll try a different approach.

Has anybody just worked for a year in NZ? I'd like to sample life there with a view to immigration but don't want to commit myself and leave the UK permanently. (well for now anyway)

If immigration is out of the question can I get in on just one years visa, with my wife being a nurse? We are both 32 years old. HELP!

Old Jul 9th 2003, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gra.B is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working for a year in NZ

Originally posted by infinity
Hi,

I have posted a similar question before but I'll try a different approach.

Has anybody just worked for a year in NZ? I'd like to sample life there with a view to immigration but don't want to commit myself and leave the UK permanently. (well for now anyway)

If immigration is out of the question can I get in on just one years visa, with my wife being a nurse? We are both 32 years old. HELP!

Hi,
You're too old (sorry!) for a working holiday visa. If you don't want PR yet then you could look at a work visa for your wife, she will need a job offer though but this doesn't seem too hard for nurses. Once she has this you will be eligible for an open work permit. If you do decide to stay you could then look into PR whilst in NZ

You could also just travel over as visitors & sort out work for the missus, again shouldn't be difficult, then get the work permits.

I don't know what you do but nursing is on both shortage lists which is why she should be the main applicant.

Read all about the work visa/permit on the NZIS site, everything you need is there.

Good luck, Gra..