Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working in Victoria Part Time - Worried!!!

Working in Victoria Part Time - Worried!!!

Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Working in Victoria Part Time - Worried!!!

The first job I had when I arrived was 9-3 which was perfect for me. I have since moved within the company and work fulltime but I reckon there is a fair amount of p/t work around. The company I work for now is really flexible which also helps,

good luck
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:14 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

bert-doozer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Shellfish
The first job I had when I arrived was 9-3 which was perfect for me. I have since moved within the company and work fulltime but I reckon there is a fair amount of p/t work around. The company I work for now is really flexible which also helps,

good luck
Hi,
What sort of work do you do?

Stu
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bert-doozer
Hi,
What sort of work do you do?

Stu
When I first started I was working as an HR Administrator but I am now working as a Marketing and Client Services administrator
Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:50 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

When I first started I was working as an HR Administrator but I am now working as a Marketing and Client Services administrator
Thanks for the help

Stu
Old Jan 19th 2005, 3:32 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Theres plenty of part time work around in all the usual places, papers, internet etc.

Laura, a quick word on Werribee, it is home to a huge sewerage plant and is extremey windy as it is very flat, if the winds blowing in the wrong direction....... (it does have a very nice open range zoo and mansion there though )
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:51 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hevs
Theres plenty of part time work around in all the usual places, papers, internet etc.

Laura, a quick word on Werribee, it is home to a huge sewerage plant and is extremey windy as it is very flat, if the winds blowing in the wrong direction....... (it does have a very nice open range zoo and mansion there though )

oh I wont be living there then.........

Shelfish, that job sounds ideal, nice hours and good prospects.

So whats the best website to look on for jobs like this in the suburbs around Melbourne, as I would really like to walk to work aswell if i can get a job locally, i wouldnt mind using public transport, but i just dont really want to work in the CBD...............?????

laura
xx
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:54 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
sorry stu,

just relised i read your post wrong, you are only staying in st kilda for 2 weeks, i thought you meant living there oppps sorry!

keep in touch anyway tho!

good luck with the visas, hopefully wont b too long!

laura
x

Hi Laura, hows things with you? All set for moving then?

I did some TRA last night for my husbands skills assessment.

Its taking an age, but looking better than it did when I first filled in the forms (very badly).

Still, not giving up.

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:22 am

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Hi Laura, hows things with you? All set for moving then?

I did some TRA last night for my husbands skills assessment.

Its taking an age, but looking better than it did when I first filled in the forms (very badly).

Still, not giving up.

yes, dont you DARE give up now girl.

I am chillin abit more now as out of my house, but times ticking and I am trying to get all paper work sorted and wondering what i will do with myslef when i get out there, need a nice little job.

Hope you are both ok.

laura
xxx
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:24 am
Professional Princess

yes, dont you DARE give up now girl.

I am chillin abit more now as out of my house, but times ticking and I am trying to get all paper work sorted and wondering what i will do with myslef when i get out there, need a nice little job.

Hope you are both ok.

laura
xxx

Is there any chance you could do your nurse training out there?

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Is there any chance you could do your nurse training out there?

yes but no straight away as i cant afford the fees, ill work for a bit save up, then go to uni again....

laura
xx
Old Jan 19th 2005, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

oh I wont be living there then.........

Shelfish, that job sounds ideal, nice hours and good prospects.

So whats the best website to look on for jobs like this in the suburbs around Melbourne, as I would really like to walk to work aswell if i can get a job locally, i wouldnt mind using public transport, but i just dont really want to work in the CBD...............?????

laura
xx
Hi Laura

I actually found my job on seek.com.au or there is mycareer.com.au - both are Australia wide but there is a lot for Melbourne.
I found employment agents to be absolutely useless, I went to see two of them a year and a half ago and I haven't heard a word from either since (probably not surprising to most ).
Jobs tend to be scattered around. There will definitely be work out in the 'burbs but don't rule out working in the city. I didn't want to work here either initially but now I love it. I have a few friends who work out of the city and the would love to work in the city. I tell them stories about going out shopping or going out for lunch or sitting in the park during my break and they are usually stuck at their desk or in a canteen.

Last edited by Shellfish; Jan 19th 2005 at 10:54 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:58 am

Hi Laura

I actually found my job on seek.com.au or there is mycareer.com.au - both are Australia wide but there is a lot for Melbourne.
I found employment agents to be absolutely useless, I went to see two of them a year and a half ago and I haven't heard a word from either since (probably not surprising to most ).
Jobs tend to be scattered around. There will definitely be work out in the 'burbs but don't rule out working in the city. I didn't want to work here either initially but now I love it. I have a few friends who work out of the city and the would love to work in the city. I tell them stories about going out shopping or going out for lunch or sitting in the park during my break and they are usually stuck at their desk or in a canteen.

oohhh! im excited now, thanks for that, i'll check it out. I'll have no wages left if i work in the city, i'll spend them all on my lunch break, LOL!
c u soon
laura
x
Old Jan 20th 2005, 12:04 pm
Visa Granted 20 Jan 05

oohhh! im excited now, thanks for that, i'll check it out. I'll have no wages left if i work in the city, i'll spend them all on my lunch break, LOL!
c u soon
laura
x

Sounds like you need a job in the country Laura
stop u spending the hard earned dosh