Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working for UPS in Australia?

Working for UPS in Australia?

Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice
Default Working for UPS in Australia?

Does anyone know anything about transferring from a UK based company to an Aussie company in the same brand, in this case UPS?

My brother-in-law is keen to make the move, and he has worked for UPS over here in England for 13 years and is working at supervisor/senior level. He does have a b-tech national diploma, although says this isn't anything to do with his job.

sooo, any ideas? Is it possible to ask for a transfer do you think?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, I'd love to have some family over in Aus.

x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 9:32 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working for UPS in Australia?

maybe he could contact them direct and simply ask ?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

shoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the roughshoshana is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Working for UPS in Australia?

It happens all the time, when I worked for a Bank in Australia we had people all the time transferring when there was a role available, obviously the company sponsors the employee and depending on the expat package, may or may not pay for certain things related to the move, all depending on the level of the employee.

As the previous post, he needs to approach his company about any roles, available, look at internal intranet jobs/hr etc.