Reload this Page >

Working for a UK company in Australia

Working for a UK company in Australia

Old Jan 10th 2017, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

lisaschvartz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working for a UK company in Australia

Hi All

Im new to this site and looking for some advise on what visas I require. The company I work for are opening an office in Austalia which I would like to go and work in. Please could someone shed some light on what visa I would require?

It will be a long term move to Australia, I will still be employed and payed by the company in the uk. Ive looked online at the government site but all looks like it is relating to being employed by an Australian company

Thanks for all you help in advance

Lisa
Old Jan 10th 2017, 1:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working for a UK company in Australia

Originally Posted by lisaschvartz
Hi All

Im new to this site and looking for some advise on what visas I require. The company I work for are opening an office in Austalia which I would like to go and work in. Please could someone shed some light on what visa I would require?

It will be a long term move to Australia, I will still be employed and payed by the company in the uk. Ive looked online at the government site but all looks like it is relating to being employed by an Australian company

Lisa
Hi Lisa and a very warm welcome to BE. How exciting for you to be offered this opportunity!

I can't really help with the visa info, all my knowledge is in UK visas. Some of our members who know the Oz visa system will be along shortly to point you in the right direction. Best of luck!
Old Jan 14th 2017, 11:01 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working for a UK company in Australia

Originally Posted by lisaschvartz
Hi All

Lisa

Hello Lisa.

It is likely you will need to be employed by the Australian company, and sponsored via a subclass 457 visa - unless you have a visa pathway available under the general skilled visa program based on your own qualifications and work experience.

Best regards.