Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

UK Independent Financial Advisor Needed

UK Independent Financial Advisor Needed

Old Mar 13th 2018, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Muddy Diver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Independent Financial Advisor Needed

Hi All, I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction.

I want to transfer my UK Defined Benefits pension into my Australian Self Managed Super Fund. I have been resident permanently in Australia since 2000 and have no thoughts of returning to Blighty. My superfund has QROPS status and as such attracts favourable tax rates. I'm all set for the transfer but for one hurdle. UK Independent advisors are sore at the UK government for banning them to charge commissions to clients etc and have recently forced them to work for fixed fees. Hence they now only wish to work for you if you are asking them to provide ongoing "Support" and "Advice." However, to move amounts greater than 30K from a DB scheme these days requires that we seek IFA and our fund managers are required to sight the evidence of said advice. Problem is, because I wont need anyone to manage anything for me (Limiting the IFA earnings potential) they wont talk to me.

If anyone here has used someone to give them the required advice in order to free up funds greater than 30K GBP could you provide me with any contact details please? Much appreciated
Old Mar 13th 2018, 11:54 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Independent Financial Advisor Needed

They may not be talking to you because they aren't licensed to provide advice or services to someone is Australia. It is fairly common for countries to prohibit foreign financial advisors from advising their citizens/ residents.
Old Mar 14th 2018, 12:46 am
Forum Regular

robo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura aboutrobo43 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: UK Independent Financial Advisor Needed

Hi Muddy have sent you a PM.

Regards
Rob