Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working In Sydney??

Working In Sydney??

Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:48 pm
British SydneySider

bev1135 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working In Sydney??

Hi peeps, me and my fiance came to oz on a 4 year temp business visa 6 weeks ago, im the dependant on the visa and finding it well hard to get a job, in england(birmingham) i worked for the post office, so i tried that, no u have to be a resident apparently as with lots of other government and jobs that have a good dollar take home pay!!!, im finding myself applying for some dodgy jobs at the moment and still no replies, so annoying .
Ive tried a few agency's and registered with them but no response back either, anyone got any ideas as to the best way to find work?, ive looked on lots of sites like Seek, Career.com etc but its getting annoying having no replies at all, does anyone find themselves in a similiar predicament?

Anyone know where any english bars are aswell, tried loads on George St which is great but wondering if there is any around?

The place is amazing and would be better if they gave a pommie a chance!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2004, 7:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

The Duke of Gloucster in Randwick and There is a an English/Irish/Scottish pub in Bondi Junction. Try some of the temping agencies as they take on people on a working holiday visa.