Reload this Page >

Working in Real Estate

Working in Real Estate

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Mrs M will become famous soon enoughMrs M will become famous soon enough
Default Working in Real Estate

Hi

I have just moved over here recently, and looking to do something different and was thinking about working in Real Estate, I understand you need a certificate before you have even started, which I am sorting out at the moment, but I hope you do not mind me asking but what sort of salary can I expect, and the hours I would be expected to work. One company mentioned payment of around $40,000 but wanted people to work six days a week and from 9 - 7pm every day for at least the first two years. Is this normal practice?

Can anyone help here who works in Real Estate, I was told that some companies will not pay anything you only get paid if you sell a property and it is on commission basis only.

Thank you for your help.

Mrs M
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 7:11 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Working in Real Estate

Originally Posted by Mrs M View Post
Hi

I have just moved over here recently, and looking to do something different and was thinking about working in Real Estate, I understand you need a certificate before you have even started, which I am sorting out at the moment, but I hope you do not mind me asking but what sort of salary can I expect, and the hours I would be expected to work. One company mentioned payment of around $40,000 but wanted people to work six days a week and from 9 - 7pm every day for at least the first two years. Is this normal practice?

Can anyone help here who works in Real Estate, I was told that some companies will not pay anything you only get paid if you sell a property and it is on commission basis only.

Thank you for your help.

Mrs M
It varies, depending on the company and the location.

We've seen $52,000 per year advertised round here + commission. No experience required.

I do know a couple of British Expats who have gone into Real Estate and are doing OK, but i've also know some Australians who have tried it, not had any sales, and given up. My guess is that the guaranteed salary dries up if you don't perform.

Some will definitely be commission only.