Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working in Oz but living in uk?

Working in Oz but living in uk?

Old Aug 9th 2011, 12:24 am
Just Joined

craigphilip87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working in Oz but living in uk?

I have recently been offered Sponsorship 457 to work in australia offshore, but my girlfriend is wanting to move back to the uk as when im working away she will be left herself.

Was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible to do? Or if this visa restricts us to having to pay tax in the uk or australia?

Do i have to spend a certain time in australia for the visa to still be valid?

Thanks
Old Aug 9th 2011, 3:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Oz but living in uk?

Originally Posted by craigphilip87
I have recently been offered Sponsorship 457 to work in australia offshore, but my girlfriend is wanting to move back to the uk as when im working away she will be left herself.

Was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible to do? Or if this visa restricts us to having to pay tax in the uk or australia?

Do i have to spend a certain time in australia for the visa to still be valid?

Thanks
You have to be working in Australia in the job for which you were sponsored for the visa to be valid, and as far as I know it has to be full- time work. That means spending a majority of your time here.

Last edited by Pollyana; Aug 9th 2011 at 3:04 am.