Working to NZ

Old Sep 17th 2002, 7:02 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
rbm13's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4
rbm13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Working to NZ

hi all, i'm looking at applying for a work visa in NZ but a bit hesitant.. fearing that i might not land in a job which i preferred -- IT (sales, biz dev., pre-sale).. -- is there anyone who could give us a picture of how easily it is to find an IT job in NZ?

rik (from Manila)
rbm13 is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 8:22 am
  #2  
JWW
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 186
JWW will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Working to NZ

Originally posted by rbm13:
hi all, i'm looking at applying for a work visa in NZ but a bit hesitant.. fearing that i might not land in a job which i preferred -- IT (sales, biz dev., pre-sale).. -- is there anyone who could give us a picture of how easily it is to find an IT job in NZ?

rik (from Manila)
The NZ IT market is alive and well. Depending on what you do you would struggle not to get a job in Wellington.
Try nzjobs.co.nz
JWW is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 8:44 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
rbm13's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 4
rbm13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Working to NZ

thanks JWW! is there such a state (or city) in NZ where IT skills is concentrated? the likes of Sillicon Valley and Singapore.. or is it the Wellington?..

Cheers

Originally posted by JWW:

The NZ IT market is alive and well. Depending on what you do you would struggle not to get a job in Wellington.
Try nzjobs.co.nz
rbm13 is offline  
Old Sep 17th 2002, 10:00 am
  #4  
JWW
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2002
Location: Christchurch, NZ
Posts: 186
JWW will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Working to NZ

Originally posted by rbm13:
thanks JWW! is there such a state (or city) in NZ where IT skills is concentrated? the likes of Sillicon Valley and Singapore.. or is it the Wellington?..

Cheers

All the Government work feeds the Wellington market. In Auckland you find lots of smaller startups. Christchurch tends to be home to the big software vendors like HP and Sungard. To answer your question, no...the works is pretty evenly spread.
JWW is offline  
Old Sep 18th 2002, 12:27 pm
  #5  
Ian Guy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Working to NZ

In addition places like Tauranga and Napier have software houses that relate
to their 'industries', e.g agriculture, transport, food processing.

"JWW" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
.com
...
    > Originally posted by rbm13:
    > > thanks JWW! is there such a state (or city) in NZ where IT skills is
    > > concentrated? the likes of Sillicon Valley and Singapore.. or is it
    > > the Wellington?..
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > >
    > All the Government work feeds the Wellington market. In Auckland you
    > find lots of smaller startups. Christchurch tends to be home to the big
    > software vendors like HP and Sungard. To answer your question, no...the
    > works is pretty evenly spread.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.