Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

working more than 20hrs on studnet visa

working more than 20hrs on studnet visa

Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:45 am
Banned

zahid hyerabad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default working more than 20hrs on studnet visa

Hi my name is zahid im on student visa in sydney. i worked like 30-35hrs on account salary job and like 8-10hrs cash in hand job a week i almost paid $6000 as tax as well last year.

my friends r all also working more than 20hrs.

so just thinking as goverment is getting strick on PR visa for everyone can this create problem later.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 6:55 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: working more than 20hrs on studnet visa

Anyone who breaks any visa conditions may get the visa revoked if the immigration department decides to do that.

Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:03 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I remember when seeking Permanent Residency I had to evidence I only worked 20 hours a week along with a Statutory Declaration during my student visa days.

Follow the rules or be prepared to have your visa cancelled or, be unable to provide the evidence that you've only worked 20 hours at a later stage when you seek PR.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:07 am
Banned

zahid hyerabad is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for ur suggestion.

but my salary goes in my account so they kno that i worked more than 20hrs but no problem yet.

same my friends r working more than 20hrs and there salary also goes in account.and we r working for big brand as well.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:18 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

First you do something so stupid that you can jeopardise your future

Then you go and tell people about it on a forum when some posters on here struggle to make ends meet on the 20 works they are allowed to work.

Good job
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:19 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Zahid, if you are going to post information about breaches of your visa conditions in a public forum you may wish to think about how much info you and/or your username discloses about your identity!
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:28 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by zahid hyerabad
Hi my name is zahid im on student visa in sydney. i worked like 30-35hrs on account salary job and like 8-10hrs cash in hand job a week i almost paid $6000 as tax as well last year.

so just thinking as goverment is getting strick on PR visa for everyone can this create problem later.
Originally Posted by bcworld
Zahid, if you are going to post information about breaches of your visa conditions in a public forum you may wish to think about how much info you and/or your username discloses about your identity!
I did wonder how many government workers have now taken note of the name

Very few people get caught for things, until they are highlighted in one way or another.

Zahid, watch out for that knock on the door.

Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

thanks for ur suggestion.

but my salary goes in my account so they kno that i worked more than 20hrs but no problem yet.

same my friends r working more than 20hrs and there salary also goes in account.and we r working for big brand as well.

I think you and your friends are incredibly foolish. They may not see a problem yet but are more than likely to check those sorts of things when you apply for PR.

Your employer could also face charges for illegally employing you - if they know you are only allowed to work 20 hours per week. Unless of course you have lied to them about your visa working restrictions which makes you entirely selfish.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Plus, due to your behaviour if immigration catch up and then subsequently clamp down on working hours for students you are quite possibly making things harder for current and future students.......thanks a bunch.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

So on top of breaking your visa conditions you are also cheating on the tax system ?? Lovely - and of course you only came to Australia to study did'nt you ?
Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:19 am
ABCDiamond

I wonder how many hits this site got today....

http://www.immi.gov.au/.../dob-in-line.htm

Old Oct 15th 2009, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

I really do not understand why you would! If you get caught all the money you have paid for your course would be wasted and they may not let you come back.
Or are you one of the many people who's parents pay for their course??

Just because other people are doing it, does not mean it is right or that you won't get found out.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 10:17 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Please don't take offence although you can if you want but I sincerely hope you and your friends get caught. There are thousands of students out there, struggling for money, paying horrendous school fees and just scraping by on a salary for 20 hours work - providing they can get that work. You are likely to be stuffing it up for everyone else when you're caught and they decide the rules are not tight enough.
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

Carlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to allCarlton Cold's is a name known to all

OMG....

As people have said in previous reply's it's people like you that make things harder for us who have done everything by the books and really struggled on a student visa especially if they have a family to support.
I made sure I got a job for no more than 20 hrs, I work really hard, study hard (love what I study), my husband is at home looking after our children (my children wonder who I am), we struggle to pay the school fees, I have done my 900 hrs legitimately (not been told to buy them like some students have by immigration lawyers...Yes I do know of one!!!) then get told the goal posts have changed...:curse: then people like you come on here and think it's ok to say how your breaking your visa conditions and expect people to condone what you are doing.

You bend the rules and think it's ok!!!!

Right where's that link!!!!!

Sarah
Old Oct 15th 2009, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

SethMonster is on a distinguished road

Nice going "pal" ! ..... It's because of people like you that the rest of us have problems.

A friend of mine did get his student visa cancelled in England for working close to 40 hrs a week. And it happens in Australia too. In OZ they like raiding gas stations and other workplaces for students working over the allowed hours. .... Spooked Yet ?

Just work the 20 hours and spend the rest studying! ....

And dont tell me that you work the graveyard shift, walk home at about 2am in the morning, get mugged, and call it a racial attack.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.