Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working from Home ? Travel ? Languages ? Based Perth

Working from Home ? Travel ? Languages ? Based Perth

Old Apr 28th 2008, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough
Default Working from Home ? Travel ? Languages ? Based Perth

HI Does anyone know of any companies/jobs where one could work from home, excluding the catalogue/home shopping (Avon, Tupperware parties)
Back in the UK there was a call for travel agents working from home ? Any one have any idea if this is the case here in Australia ? Any home based work ?
Thanks
Old Apr 28th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Kat71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working from Home ? Travel ? Languages ? Based Perth

I work from home running a market research business. Basically i advertise and do mail drops for people to take part in paid research and focus groups in melbourne (i am based 2 hours north) and get paid per placement for the job. It sounds easy but can be complicated because of the criteria some focus groups need i.e some people buy margarine some people buy butter. BUT if you can build up a database and run via email it is pretty good money. I average around 2k a month and all my internet, phone, some other utilities, stationery etc are all tax deductable so i earn more if i was working away from home. It is time consuming but worth it once you get set up. Why dont you do an internet search for market research companies and see if they are looking for any recruiters. You can privately email me if you want any more information. I am also thinking about putting a thread on here to see if anyone is interested in takeing part in the paid research groups in melboure as they pay $60 - $200 for 2 hour groups depending on the subjects.
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:04 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by obogk
HI Does anyone know of any companies/jobs where one could work from home, excluding the catalogue/home shopping (Avon, Tupperware parties)
Back in the UK there was a call for travel agents working from home ? Any one have any idea if this is the case here in Australia ? Any home based work ?
Thanks
You don't like to get out much do you??!!

What with asking about a beautician to visit you at home and now this.....
Old Apr 28th 2008, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

obogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the roughobogk is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
You don't like to get out much do you??!!

What with asking about a beautician to visit you at home and now this.....

Come on ! Reading and responding to posts that aren't even relevant to you means you must be bored
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:02 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on ! Reading and responding to posts that aren't even relevant to you means you must be bored
Nope, just pedantic!!
Old Apr 28th 2008, 9:06 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
did you work in travel in the UK?