Reload this Page >

Working from home in Australia

Working from home in Australia

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

princef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working from home in Australia

Hi,

Are there any openings to work from home? If so, what type of work?

Thanks.

Princef
Old Jul 3rd 2002, 11:20 pm
Robert Edwards

Default Re: Working from home in Australia

I guess that depends entirely on your qualifications and interests, personally I
don't ever intend to work in anything other than from home ever again, I run a
successful web site ( www.australianaustralia.com ) and Licensed PI locating
Missing Persons in Australia ( new web site coming soon) and of course I am
studying in another area as well.....so it really is a personal thing, do you want
to work for yourself or for someone else from home? what are your quals? where is
your market? etc

Rob "princef" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,

Old Jul 4th 2002, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

princef is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually this is for my wife, who is qualified and has experience in Secretarial practice. Any ideas of what kind of work she'll be able to do from home

Thanks.
PF
Old Jul 4th 2002, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Hi Robert

Hey that's a coooool job....can I be a PI?? Do you need any particular experience? I'm really nosy and I used to be an Executive Personal Assistant before I got ill and I really don't want that stress EVER again. I think the skills I gained in that job however, plus my natural nosiness would make me a great PI...as long as I don't have to grow a moustache like Magnum!! )

love sophia xx
Old Jul 5th 2002, 3:20 am
Robert Edwards

Hi Sophia,

No moustache required, you get a full undercover kit on presentation of your
licence......(official joke)..the Licensing is somewhat different in each State, not
a lot different though, most States now require attendance at a pre approved
qualifying course, then a term normally of 12 months where you work as a sub-agent
(under the total control of a Full (not drunk) Agent then you may apply for a Full
Licence and work independently. Personally I studied and did my "time" over 12 years
ago now whilst I was still in the Regular Army and have been licensed ever since. In
the past I have concentrated on insurance fraud but now because of my many other
interests I just do Missing Persons....no stress..many PI's went out of business in
Australia in 1975 with the introduction of the new Family Law Act under which the
only reason for divorce in Australia is "irreconcilable breakdown of marriage"
therefore you cannot even present evidence of infidelity for instance...a little
history there.

Rob Edwards www.australianaustralia.com

"sophia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Robert
    >
    > Hey that's a coooool job....can I be a PI?? Do you need any particular experience?
    > I'm really nosy and I used to be an Executive Personal Assistant before I got ill
    > and I really don't want that stress EVER again. I think the skills I gained in that
    > job however, plus my natural nosiness would make me a great PI...as long as I don't
    > have to grow a moustache like Magnum!! )
    >
    > love sophia xx
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com