Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working holiday travel buddies

Working holiday travel buddies

Old Feb 25th 2004, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Working holiday travel buddies

Hi i am over in oz on a working holiday visa and i am alone, i am looking for others in the same boat who i could probably meet up with and travel around with etc.

I have only been here almost 4 weeks so not really been too much places, i am looking for websites where i can find these people or ask for them.

I know a few but im sure there are others i dont know of.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:04 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working holiday travel buddies

Originally posted by brian.w
Hi i am over in oz on a working holiday visa and i am alone, i am looking for others in the same boat who i could probably meet up with and travel around with etc.

I have only been here almost 4 weeks so not really been too much places, i am looking for websites where i can find these people or ask for them.

Brian,

Where are you staying?

If you stay in backpacker accommodation you will very quickly meet other, like minded people.

Often there are notices on the boards at these backpackers asking for people to share the cost of a car journey.

Forget the web, you've got to start mixing with real people.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 11:10 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working holiday travel buddies

Originally posted by brian.w

Hit the road, stop worrying about what can go wrong and take it as it goes. It will start getting cold in the south soon so you should fire up your motor and start heading north.

If you do not need a license for your work then you will have no problems rocking up and looking for a job.

Have you looked on the Lonely Planet and Rough Guide web sites. I still recommend hitting the road.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:06 am
What's he asking?

Fuzzyness is an unknown quantity at this point

second the comment about getting yourself into a backpackers hostel. i recently stayed in them while i was in perth and melbourne and even though i wasnt travelling around i met loads of people in their 20s and 30s who were.

be brave. start up a conversation with them. you'll find there are lots of people there by themselves who are looking for companionship. find out what they want to do and go and if that fits with what you fancy suggest a small trip. you dont have to stick with them if you dont get on. suggest a few days travel together and if it works suggest a few days more. they can only say no.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Lonely Planet has a great forum/discussion board - Oz & NZ forum always v lively, & plenty of people in the same boat as you.

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/

Russ