Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working in Australia for a few years?

Working in Australia for a few years?

Old Jul 15th 2010, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

superwench will become famous soon enough
Default Working in Australia for a few years?

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie.

I'm currently in the process of emigrating to Canada (so you may be thinking, well why post in the Australia section!?) but am interested in working in Australia for 1-2 years before I settle in Canada. The job market in Australia for Graphic Design, Digital Marketing and Project Management is so good that I want a piece of the action!

Is this possible? I am aware of the working holiday visa, but 6 months really doesn't cut it.

Thanks so much
Old Jul 15th 2010, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Australia for a few years?

If the market is so good in these areas, and I am not aware of it being the case or otherwise, then why not apply for jobs and see if you can get an employer sponsored visa.

I doubt that you would be able to get an independent visa in this field any time soon though, if at all, as I don't think it is on the skilled occupation list (but please double check that).
Old Jul 15th 2010, 7:41 pm
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

No its stuffed I have friends in the sector. Number 1 the market here is limited compared to Canada and the UK anyway no 2 you'll just join the hundreds of other qualified graphic designers on WHVs working in bars.
Old Jul 16th 2010, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

msabiransari is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by superwench
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie.

I'm currently in the process of emigrating to Canada (so you may be thinking, well why post in the Australia section!?) but am interested in working in Australia for 1-2 years before I settle in Canada. The job market in Australia for Graphic Design, Digital Marketing and Project Management is so good that I want a piece of the action!

Is this possible? I am aware of the working holiday visa, but 6 months really doesn't cut it.

Thanks so much
All the jobs on seek.com.au requires you to have the legal authorization to work in Australia. These skills are very common. But you never know about your luck. Give it a try.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 1:36 am
Banned

Mark Xpnsit is an unknown quantity at this point

If you have experience and talent you will be able to find work and some employers like the flexibility of WHM's - they don't have to commit to a long-term contract. Yes, the pay might not be top dollar but if you are prepared to work hard and put yourself out there you'll find something