Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Working for Aussie Company Whilst Living in UK

Working for Aussie Company Whilst Living in UK

Old Mar 20th 2012, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

debs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nicedebs1966 is just really nice
Default Working for Aussie Company Whilst Living in UK

Hi Guys

I sadly handed my notice in today and the media company where I work in advertising which I have really enjoyed and they have been really happy with my work since I have been here.

I was very surprised for them to turn back round to me and say would you still work for us on a freelance basis in the UK on a commission only basis? Contacting the UK and Eurpoean companies in the Mining, Gas and Oil sectors.

Which was really nice to hear and I really love what I have been doing in my job.

What I am interested to find out is as anybody else done this? As it worked for you ok and I guess its important to get a good telephone provider for the cost of the phone calls.

I guess at the end of the day I can always suck it and see.

Many thanks

Debs
Old Mar 21st 2012, 1:41 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working for Aussie Company Whilst Living in UK

When we moved back to Blighty from Sydney in 2007 I took my job with me. I just needed fast, reliable broadband and a laptop, which was easy enough to sort out. I found it useful to know that we had some guaranteed income while we re-established ourselves back in the UK. Though it was only a short-term, few months thing. The main downside was that I was trying to hold down a job while getting sorted - house hunting, applying for new jobs etc - on top of an 8 hour day (more or less ). It meant I was often working in the evenings to catch up, as I'd taken time out to go and view a property or something. The other thing was it wasn't a complete break from Aus, which would have been nice really - new start an' all that. Although we never left Aus on bad terms and always thought we might return at some point. Which we did a couple of years ago and I got back the same job again. Honestly, couldn't get rid of the thing! It worked well for me, but I'm glad to was only a short-term arrangement.