Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

work/pay for plumbers/gas fittersnin Australia

work/pay for plumbers/gas fittersnin Australia

Old Mar 14th 2012, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

sherring20 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work/pay for plumbers/gas fittersnin Australia

hi i am a 26 year old currently working for british gas as a heating installer. i have been working for BG for 8 years now but me and my girlfriend really want to move over to Sydney to live, our best friends have recently moved over and are loving it.
i would just like to knowa few things
- how long and how much does it take to get your qualifications reconised to Aus standard as i believe i would have to attend a college when i get over their??
-what is the average pay like for a gas fitter out their??
-how much demand for gas fitters are their in Syndey and what type of work is it?
thanks for your help guys, been trying to look everywhere but cant find any answers!!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 10:07 am
Just Joined

lovinit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: work/pay for plumbers/gas fittersnin Australia

Originally Posted by sherring20
hi i am a 26 year old currently working for british gas as a heating installer. i have been working for BG for 8 years now but me and my girlfriend really want to move over to Sydney to live, our best friends have recently moved over and are loving it.
i would just like to knowa few things
- how long and how much does it take to get your qualifications reconised to Aus standard as i believe i would have to attend a college when i get over their??
-what is the average pay like for a gas fitter out their??
-how much demand for gas fitters are their in Syndey and what type of work is it?
thanks for your help guys, been trying to look everywhere but cant find any answers!!
I am in Brisbane QLD, all states are different 3 years ago with my corgie card it was a one day cross over & i think it was about $200. I repair catering equipment on about $32 a hour. Hard thing for me they dont solder it is all braisz up to 4inch copper!
Old Mar 15th 2012, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

sherring20 is an unknown quantity at this point

no soldering hey!!! repair catering equipment what does that consist of??? thank you for your help
Old Mar 16th 2012, 10:11 am
Just Joined

lovinit is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't think they have heard of black iron here. DO NOT bring pipe benders we ave a different ID/OD so my 15mm don't work on 15mm here! They also flare pipe here like fridge pipe. Catering like chip fryers ovens think of a gas fire with a burner with a stat pilot and thermocouple but bigger! I think it now funney to see utes with 25kg tanks on and 50m flex pipes to go in a house to install a cooker.