Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Work on Goldcoast

Work on Goldcoast

Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

ALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really nice
Default Work on Goldcoast

Hi There
Could anyone give me any info on the job situation on the Goldcoast as myself
my wife and my 3 year old son move there in june. My wife is a Beauty Therapist and i am a Stores Supervisor for an airline company in Scotland but
unfortunatly these were not required trades for OZ so my wife is having to enrole in a two year Hairdressing course in Southport. While my wife studies we are both only aloud to work 20 hrs each so i would be most greatful if anyone could give me any info on jobs as i would be willing to do almost anything or if anyone knows of anyway that i could maybe labour for 20 hrs and get extra hrs on the side or something?
Thanks
Scott (just wanting to work and make a go of it)
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

sambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of lightsambo76 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Work on Goldcoast

Hi

When do you get to the Gold Coast?

We are doing the same thing, I am hoping to start my hairdressing course in May in Southport

Est n Sambo
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ALI B
Hi There
Could anyone give me any info on the job situation on the Goldcoast as myself
my wife and my 3 year old son move there in june. My wife is a Beauty Therapist and i am a Stores Supervisor for an airline company in Scotland but
unfortunatly these were not required trades for OZ so my wife is having to enrole in a two year Hairdressing course in Southport. While my wife studies we are both only aloud to work 20 hrs each so i would be most greatful if anyone could give me any info on jobs as i would be willing to do almost anything or if anyone knows of anyway that i could maybe labour for 20 hrs and get extra hrs on the side or something?
Thanks
Scott (just wanting to work and make a go of it)

Hi Scott, in my experience, anybody that has your work ethic will find a job-no problem.
Unemployment here is VERY low, with a lot of development in SE Queensland. You may find that you can pick & choose!

Don't worry
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

ALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really niceALI B is just really nice

Hi Sambo76

We cant apply for the visa until Mar 30th coz the start date that Alison wants is Jul 23rd. So hopefully the visa folks will get back to us ASAP on the outcome so that we can book flights, coz our house is now sold. Did you book your medicals before applying for your visa?

Alison ( Scotts at work )
Old Mar 6th 2007, 2:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Doub

Thanks for the reply, its the only thing that concerns me. I just cannae sit about and plus we'd really need the money anyway especially as we r only allowed to work part time which actually really sucks!!

Scott