Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Work on the Gold Coast

Work on the Gold Coast

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 4:53 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Default Work on the Gold Coast

We are off to the Gold Coast at the end of March, and taking into consideration i will need to find a job soon after arriving in Oz, can anyone tell me what the job market is like on the Gold Coast?

Dont ask me what i would like to do as i would like to keep my options open as a change in my carrer is on top of my list so am going to be as flexible as possible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and if anyone would like to offer me any work prior to our arrival then that would be even better

Thanks for listening

Rob
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 5:00 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all
Default Re: Work on the Gold Coast

World's your oyster, get a good CV done, check out the jobs, and be positive, dont expect too much for a first start in a job if you want something quick, as nothing happens quickly, but there is plenty of work for sure.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 3:59 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

As said, the world is your oyster, but do expect to earn less on the Coast than you would in Brisbane.

There's stacks of casual work in the tourist industry. You could try out for Warner Bros as a dancer. The hours aren't good, but you do get your own leotard.

I'm an Accountant. I found work easy to come by in Newcastle and Brisbane, but things are tougher on the coast. That said the interviews are now finally coming through.

Do remember that just cause you're dream has come true moving here, it doesn't necessarily follow that you should give up on the career especially on the coast as life right by the beach is expensive. That said, life here is good, especially if you like swimming, surfing, fishing, boating and so on.

What's your background btw?

Paul.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:07 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

Im in Engineering.....Administration/planning/health and safety etc

Rob
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 6:57 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

The Gold coast is Australia's boom area, so there is plenty of different things that you could do. Things like road building or house building is always a trade that wants workers and they start early and finish even earlier. Meter maids is a great social job. I read a report that they reckon the Gold coast will have a major growth in areas like pharmaceuticals and technology but that these are in the future, so if you get in early who knows .
Old Feb 5th 2006, 10:15 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rob Morton-Jone
Im in Engineering.....Administration/planning/health and safety etc

Rob

Rob,

Infrastructure is a boom industry here. Check out the Gold Coast Council website for starters. If you can work in engineering in that field, then you'll be sorted for life here.

Paul.
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:39 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Thanks for the info everyone as its a great help!

Rob