Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Work Experience Problem.......

Work Experience Problem.......

Old Feb 8th 2005, 6:14 am
Just Joined

arshad_4b is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work Experience Problem.......

I got 60 points from ACS in Systems Manager Category.

My Educational details is as under:

1- I have done DIPLOMA in 1996.

2- After DIPLOMA my job experinece is 7 years in IT field.

Now my question is that can i apply for immigration. I heard from some one that DIMIA minus or reduce the job experience while considering the application.?

I need help..........Kindly help me .....
Old Feb 8th 2005, 6:20 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work Experience Problem.......

Originally Posted by arshad_4b

Now my question is that can i apply for immigration. I heard from some one that DIMIA minus or reduce the job experience while considering the application.?

Hey Arshad

Not quite sure what your issue is, but I also got the 60 points from the ACS but I didnt have a Degree,

What I had to do was submit a report on the aspects of IT that I had experience in, ie Database Management, Programming, etc...

What the ACS wanted to see was ongoing learning and experience.

They also wanted over 10 years experience and proof from past employers. The references had to state exactly what sort of work you did, ie what programmes you wrote, how you did this.

Hope that helps

Shane

Ps welcome to the site
Old Feb 8th 2005, 6:59 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong forum dude, try the immigration one. BUT the work experience is taken at the time of application so as long as you meet the recent work experience criteria when you lodge you can, like I did, jack your job in an do something completely different.
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:01 am
Just Joined

arshad_4b is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Shane........Thanks for your prompt

1- My first question is that whats my Group ? Group A or B ?

My Designation is Database Administrator and I have 7 years experience in IT field.

2- My issue is that do i have enough work experince to apply for immigration.
I'm afraid that if DIMIA deduct or reduce my work experience. then my
case will be refuse and I will lost all the money.

So kindly guide me ??

Originally Posted by sloake
Hey Arshad

Not quite sure what your issue is, but I also got the 60 points from the ACS but I didnt have a Degree,

What I had to do was submit a report on the aspects of IT that I had experience in, ie Database Management, Programming, etc...

What the ACS wanted to see was ongoing learning and experience.

They also wanted over 10 years experience and proof from past employers. The references had to state exactly what sort of work you did, ie what programmes you wrote, how you did this.

Hope that helps

Shane

Ps welcome to the site
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:06 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

So kindly guide me ??
I'll guide you here:

http://www.dimia.gov.au/migration/sk...quirements.htm

Where it says:

Recent work experience
This requirement is separate from the need to have your skills assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation before you apply.

If your nominated occupation is worth 60 points (see the points for your nominated occupation on the SOL), you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 12 of the 18 months immediately before applying.

If your nominated occupation is worth 40 or 50 points, you must have been in paid employment in a skilled occupation (any on the SOL) for at least 2 of the 3 years immediately before applying.

For certain occupations, a longer period of specific work experience is required to obtain a suitable skills assessment (for example, manager).

I can also guide you to the immigration forum here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Old Feb 8th 2005, 7:11 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

Dear Shane........Thanks for your prompt

1- My first question is that whats my Group ? Group A or B ?

My Designation is Database Administrator and I have 7 years experience in IT field.

So kindly guide me ??
Ahh..

not if I can be any great help, as I got an agency to handle mine, but I needed 10 years proof.

Have you spoken to an agent, or maybe some one else here or the immergration board could give you more advice,

but good luck though