work experience

Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:26 am
Just Joined

BHERNEST is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work experience

HI

I have a question about work experience and I cant find any answer in Booklet6 or on the imigration site.
Here is my situation: I have an electrical engineer diploma obtained in the summer of 2004, but I worked as a CAD-CAM programmer (full time job) since summer of 2003. So now I have 3 years of work experience of wich only 2 years with engineer diploma. Will I get the 5 points for specific work experience? (my nominated occupation will be electrical engineer but I have no experience in my nominated occupation).

Hope someone can help me with this...
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: work experience

Maybe post in the immigration forum rather than the lifestyle forum?

HTH

Andy
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:37 am
Just Joined

BHERNEST is an unknown quantity at this point

uhhh I will
sorry for that...
Old Jul 4th 2006, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

no worries, just that you might get more response there from people who know more about it.

andy
Old Jul 4th 2006, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Max&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to allMax&Ozzy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BHERNEST
HI

I have a question about work experience and I cant find any answer in Booklet6 or on the imigration site.
Here is my situation: I have an electrical engineer diploma obtained in the summer of 2004, but I worked as a CAD-CAM programmer (full time job) since summer of 2003. So now I have 3 years of work experience of wich only 2 years with engineer diploma. Will I get the 5 points for specific work experience? (my nominated occupation will be electrical engineer but I have no experience in my nominated occupation).

Hope someone can help me with this...
Hi, from memory work experience is based in the work you do, not that you are qualified in something and just happen to be working. So yours is 3 years work experience as a CAD programmer, not electrical engineer.

graham