Work Experience

Old Sep 25th 2002, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Work Experience - 10 Points

This is my first post and would appreciate some advice. I've had my skills assessed by the Institute of Engineers, Australia and have been classified as a "Mechanical Engineering Technologist" (60 points).

It is my understanding (after reading the guidelines for skilled migration) that I need to get references from previous employers. Is that all that I need to acheive the 10 points for relevent work experience? Should the letters contain detailed job descriptions? (I have been in employment in my field for the last 12 years).

Thanks

Last edited by karlos; Sep 25th 2002 at 3:28 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2002, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

changu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work Experience - 10 Points

Hi Dear ,
I am also looking for the same information. Let you know once got something to share. Let me know if you have some information.

I am a IT guy and my apps would be assessed by Australian Computer Society.

Thanks,
Pawan

Originally posted by karlos:
This is my first post and would appreciate some advice. I've had my skills assessed by the Institute of Engineers, Australia and have been classified as a "Mechanical Engineering Technologist" (60 points).

It is my understanding (after reading the guidelines for skilled migration) that I need to get references from previous employers. Is that all that I need to acheive the 10 points for relevent work experience? Should the letters contain detailed job descriptions? (I have been in employment in my field for the last 12 years).

Thanks
Old Sep 27th 2002, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

changu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dear ,
I am also looking for the same information. Let you know once got something to share. Let me know something about Employer Refrence Letter. Like format, dated etc etc.
Seconfd thnig may be you know that can I have refrence for my privious firm from a colleague who as also left that company and working some whre else. If yes then on which letter head the new one or the privious one in which we used to work toghter. I will appriciate if you can provide me this detail because you had 12 year experience and had give such refrence to IEA.

I am a IT guy having 7 year experience and my apps would be assessed by Australian Computer Society.

Thanks,
Pawan

Originally posted by karlos:

Thanks
Old Sep 28th 2002, 11:54 am
JSK
Just Joined

JSK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys
I am not an engineer nor British but i beilieve the same requests i have got from DIMA whould apply to you as well.Few months after i applied i got a letter from Adelaide asking me for more proof regrading my work experience this included not only reference from my employer (which included my salary,job descripton etc...) but also an approval from the national security bearue indicating all of my employers (according to their records) .I guess that would apply to you as well...
Best
Originally posted by changu:
Hi Dear ,
I am also looking for the same information. Let you know once got something to share. Let me know something about Employer Refrence Letter. Like format, dated etc etc.
Seconfd thnig may be you know that can I have refrence for my privious firm from a colleague who as also left that company and working some whre else. If yes then on which letter head the new one or the privious one in which we used to work toghter. I will appriciate if you can provide me this detail because you had 12 year experience and had give such refrence to IEA.

I am a IT guy having 7 year experience and my apps would be assessed by Australian Computer Society.

Thanks,
Pawan

Old Sep 28th 2002, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by JSK:
Hi Guys
I am not an engineer nor British but i beilieve the same requests i have got from DIMA whould apply to you as well.Few months after i applied i got a letter from Adelaide asking me for more proof regrading my work experience this included not only reference from my employer (which included my salary,job descripton etc...) but also an approval from the national security bearue indicating all of my employers (according to their records) .I guess that would apply to you as well...
Best
Thanks JSK,
I have received fairly detailed letters from my previous employers stating my employment title, commencement/termination date, roles and responsibilities etc.

I was a little concerned that this would not be enough. Why did DIMA need information from the national security bereau of your country? Is this to prove they were valid companies?

Has any one else had experience of this?

Thanks
Karlos
Old Sep 28th 2002, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

cevik is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks friends,

I am really in doubt with if the national security approval to prove work experience is a must or not to get licence for engineers.

Best regards