work equipment

Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default work equipment

Being a mechanical fitter by trade (NCB) I was going to transport several tools and the likes (some old some new) over to Oz.My question is do all the spanners and other equipment need to be cleaned to a high standard (along the standards required for lawnmowers etc )or can i just put everything in a box and send them over ?Also does everything need to be itemised individually or will a simple work tools sticker attatched to the box be adequate ? regards bobby
Old Sep 1st 2006, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

bramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of lightbramptonbrian is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: work equipment

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Being a mechanical fitter by trade (NCB) I was going to transport several tools and the likes (some old some new) over to Oz.My question is do all the spanners and other equipment need to be cleaned to a high standard (along the standards required for lawnmowers etc )or can i just put everything in a box and send them over ?Also does everything need to be itemised individually or will a simple work tools sticker attatched to the box be adequate ? regards bobby
It's the only time my tools ever get a good clean and maintained. Only stuff which has been in contact with anything living (or dead I suppose) needs particular attention. My gear just got labelled tools and wasn't a problem, except for the weight. Everthing seems to get tipped upside down too.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:50 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
I flew 55kg of tools over to Brisbane ( mech fitter also) I just ensured that there was no grease or oil on the tools. I flew them as excess baggage, and just put a contents list in the box. When you fly them out, you have to itemize everything on the import paperwork.

Neil
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
I flew 55kg of tools over to Brisbane ( mech fitter also) I just ensured that there was no grease or oil on the tools. I flew them as excess baggage, and just put a contents list in the box. When you fly them out, you have to itemize everything on the import paperwork.

Neil
cheers neil dare i ask how much that cost you to fly it out ? :scared: