WORK!!!

Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:06 am
days go by n i wonder why

xxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to allxxxCoolJessxxx is a name known to all
Exclamation WORK!!!

I am 15 and i really need a job! I am meant to be saving up for a trip to vietnam for school next year but the thing is i need a job. I want a job and all but i don't know why but i am scared! I want to feel independent but i can't get past this wall that is blocking me from making that step! Does anyone know where a 15 yr old girl can get a descent job with a descent pay???
I do baby sitting every tuesday for an hour!!
xx
Jess
xx
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:16 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WORK!!!

Have you tried the fast food outlets near your house? Lots of coffee shops hire 15 year olds for weekend shifts. My daughter is 13, so nobody will give her a job, but she is doing dog walking after school for her pocket money. Maybe you could try something like that?
It is hard getting your first job. I remember my first job was washing dishes (by hand) in a truck stop. It was horrible, dirty and the pay was truly dreadful, but it gave me experience and the cash to buy the things I wanted.
Good luck.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:27 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxxCoolJessxxx
I am 15 and i really need a job! I am meant to be saving up for a trip to vietnam for school next year but the thing is i need a job. I want a job and all but i don't know why but i am scared! I want to feel independent but i can't get past this wall that is blocking me from making that step! Does anyone know where a 15 yr old girl can get a descent job with a descent pay???
I do baby sitting every tuesday for an hour!!
xx
Jess
xx
Jess,
Good for you , I've been the boss to plenty of teens in the past few years and I know it's scary, hard to get a job, let alone to be working instead of just school. Best advice I can give you is that everyone started somewhere and therefore we all know what it's like to start work first time and most people will take the time to teach you all you need to know. Always remember, first week is the hardest in a new job for anyone. After that, you get to know things and it does get easier (and you won't be as tired as during the first week either), as you'll know more your way around the place.

After first pay you'll be really happy you started working, and proud of the money you've earned, just remember your goals and you'll be able to do it! Go to the local shops, cafes and takeaways etc with your cv (even without work experience, remember to tell your school achievements, commitments and babysitting jobs!) and you should be able to get a job as long as you are eager, happy and outgoing person! Good luck with it all , K given!

Tez
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I remember my first job - me and a mate walked around all the shops in town and asked if they needed anyone. I got a Saturday job in a hairdressers, I worked all day for £25. It felt so good being paid!!
Good luck finding something, and keep thinking of what it is for - I bet your Vietnam trip will be brilliant,
Old Sep 4th 2007, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

scotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to allscotlandtooz is a name known to all

Would second local cafe's etc. You might have to start doing dishes, but they'll stil pay you!

Can you get a teacher to write a referance for you to say that you're responsible and presentable and so forth!

My first job (excluding a nightmare fortnight of delivering papers), was a saturday job in a local dry cleaners. REALLY boring, but so great having my own cash.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by scotlandtooz
Would second local cafe's etc. You might have to start doing dishes, but they'll stil pay you!

Can you get a teacher to write a referance for you to say that you're responsible and presentable and so forth!

My first job (excluding a nightmare fortnight of delivering papers), was a saturday job in a local dry cleaners. REALLY boring, but so great having my own cash.
Bless you - much respect!! I agree try the shops and cafes, restaurants etc. My saturday job was in a sandwich bar, my friends all went to pizza hut.

Good luck!
Old Sep 5th 2007, 10:49 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck, yes to echo what the others have said cafe's are good. Also try Big W, Safeways and Bunnings as they give you early evening options as well as weekends. The big stores are all recruiting for people now as it gets busy into summer/ xmas.

Good Luck!

Louise