Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

words of encouragement to all

words of encouragement to all

Old May 22nd 2006, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: words of encouragement to all

Originally Posted by Seabird
Just an update from Adelaide

Very happy here, wouldn't go back to the UK unless for family reasons. Love Adelaide, we have found a fantastic school that does 18 hours a week of music, well suited to my daughter. I have a wonderful job at Flinders University and the people are just so great to be around. Oh and we are now iced coffee freaks (South Australian thing I think). Iced coffee and TimTams are not to be missed!

Australia makes me smile, despite the house being cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Just so glad we're here. It is so worthwhile going through the trauma involved to get here from the UK.

Thanks to all those that supported me here especially thanks to Jeremy .

Claire

great to hear from someone who like adelaide we too hope to be there soon.
Old May 22nd 2006, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
great to hear from someone who like adelaide we too hope to be there soon.
Ditto that. We'll be there in about a month :scared:
Old May 25th 2006, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Hi all

Just a couple of thoughts for those that replied.

For those of you coming to Adelaide check out Adelaide Brits at http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits

My daughter had been speaking to a girl on there with similar interests and they were both starting Brighton School on the same day. The girls are now inseperable and her parents have become highly valued friends, they just looked after her for me as I was on business in Perth for 3 days, drunk too much wine, though!!

Perth was lovely too, very clean and devoid of all the unattractive overhead cables we are blessed with in Adelaide. Cityscape at night absolutely stunning, remimded me of Vancouver. However, Perth is currently experiencing a huge economic boom so house prices are rocketing. Very good place for entrepeneurs, but for me it wasn't as homely as Adelaide and it was nice to get back. That said if we'd done it the other way round I'm sure I'd be equally happy to be back in Perth.

I wish you all luck with your futures too.....

Claire
Old May 25th 2006, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seabird
Just an update from Adelaide

Very happy here, wouldn't go back to the UK unless for family reasons. Love Adelaide, we have found a fantastic school that does 18 hours a week of music, well suited to my daughter. I have a wonderful job at Flinders University and the people are just so great to be around. Oh and we are now iced coffee freaks (South Australian thing I think). Iced coffee and TimTams are not to be missed!

Australia makes me smile, despite the house being cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Just so glad we're here. It is so worthwhile going through the trauma involved to get here from the UK.

Thanks to all those that supported me here especially thanks to Jeremy .

Claire
Nice one Claire, keep it up. How long have you been there?
Old May 26th 2006, 12:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by manxfamily
Nice one Claire, keep it up. How long have you been there?
6 months.....