Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

words of encouragement to all

words of encouragement to all

Old May 21st 2006, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of
Talking words of encouragement to all

Just an update from Adelaide

Very happy here, wouldn't go back to the UK unless for family reasons. Love Adelaide, we have found a fantastic school that does 18 hours a week of music, well suited to my daughter. I have a wonderful job at Flinders University and the people are just so great to be around. Oh and we are now iced coffee freaks (South Australian thing I think). Iced coffee and TimTams are not to be missed!

Australia makes me smile, despite the house being cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Just so glad we're here. It is so worthwhile going through the trauma involved to get here from the UK.

Thanks to all those that supported me here especially thanks to Jeremy .

Claire
Old May 21st 2006, 11:03 am
visa granted 16/5/06

soonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond reputesoonbethere has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: words of encouragement to all

Originally Posted by Seabird

Very happy here, wouldn't go back to the UK unless for family reasons. Love Adelaide, we have found a fantastic school that does 18 hours a week of music, well suited to my daughter. I have a wonderful job at Flinders University and the people are just so great to be around. Oh and we are now iced coffee freaks (South Australian thing I think). Iced coffee and TimTams are not to be missed!

Australia makes me smile, despite the house being cold in the winter and hot in the summer. Just so glad we're here. It is so worthwhile going through the trauma involved to get here from the UK.

Claire
Great to hear it, hope your life continues to be happy there, it makes all this madness seem worthwhile when we read these sort of messages
thanks for sharing!
Annette
Old May 21st 2006, 11:08 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Great to see you enjoying your new life .............................long may it continue

Loz x
Old May 21st 2006, 11:26 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: words of encouragement to all

Good for you! It's so nice to hear another success story.
Old May 21st 2006, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Toppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of lightToppa is a glorious beacon of light

Claire
Adelaide is a great city. Glad you and your family are finding it to be that also. Sounds like things are panning out for you. Good to hear.
Old May 21st 2006, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Brilliant to hear you're getting on so well . We feel exactly the same about Perth (even though we've only been here 2 months). I hope Australia continues to make you smile .
Tracey
Old May 21st 2006, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: words of encouragement to all

Claire
Brilliant news. Hope its me soon
Old May 21st 2006, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

littlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nicelittlenick is just really nice

Hi

Glad to hear things are going really well. I've been reading other threads and forums where people are not so happy with their new life (wages lower, cost of living same as uk) so it's great to hear it is worth all the tears and tantrums to start a new life the other side of the world. Thanks
Old May 21st 2006, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the roughMadhouse! is a jewel in the rough

You sound as happy as we are with our new life down under, here's to many more happy years to come!

Claire
Old May 21st 2006, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Claire

hi claire

good you read your post. we are thinking about adelaide aswell, partner is a bircklayer and we have two kids under 5. we will have a good bit of cash when we leave the uk just wondering what can you get for your money. been looking at perth too but over the last few months house prices have seem to have gone up looks like you can gey more for your money in adelaide. many thanks claire x
Old May 21st 2006, 6:40 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you're settling in well Claire.
I hope it continues for you in the future.
Julie. x
Old May 21st 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice

Claire
I remembered looking at your timeline with envy, as we were on an employer sponsorship like yourself, we got our RSMS visa in early March.
My wife is also in Adelaide working in Prospect, Im still waiting to sell the house.

Glad to hear that all is going well for you
Old May 21st 2006, 8:40 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Claire
Its nice to hear a positive view of Adelaide for a change as there seems to be more negative than positive at times. Hope your happiness continues forever!
Old May 21st 2006, 9:14 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Its great to hear of people enjoying their new lives. Good luck for the future. long may you enjoy Oz

Joex
Old May 22nd 2006, 11:47 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Lovely to hear that you've settled in so well. Hope you continue to enjoy your new life.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.