British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Word of Warning Skills Assessment (AIM) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/word-warning-skills-assessment-aim-331417/)

JAJ Oct 15th 2005 5:33 pm

Re: Word of Warning Skills Assessment (AIM)

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Are the points awarded for both AIM and Vetassess the same i.e 50?

Vetassess do not assess any 60 point occupations. Only 50 and 40 point ones.
AIM assessments are worth 60 points.

Jeremy

phoenixinoz Oct 15th 2005 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by JAJ
Vetassess do not assess any 60 point occupations. Only 50 and 40 point ones.
AIM assessments are worth 60 points.Jeremy

Cheers JAJ.

That's my point. I wonder if jonjon may need the 60 points?:confused:

jonjon Oct 18th 2005 8:16 am

Thank you all for your comments and advice

After careful consideration I have decided to address this matter with the AIM to find why I can be assessed and achieve a chartered accreditation status within the UK which has an assessment criteria that far surpasses the AIM basic Senior Management requirements, and why this has not been taken into consideration with my application.

Hopefully this may give me reasonable grounds to appeal against their decision.

Will let you all know how I get on (if at all), I may hit a brick wall but as advised it is better to explore option completely before moving onto the next, and in the scale of the application process what is an extra couple of weeks

Regards

Jon

phoenixinoz Oct 18th 2005 8:23 am

Originally Posted by jonjon
Thank you all for your comments and advice

After careful consideration I have decided to address this matter with the AIM to find why I can be assessed and achieve a chartered accreditation status within the UK which has an assessment criteria that far surpasses the AIM basic Senior Management requirements, and why this has not been taken into consideration with my application.

Hopefully this may give me reasonable grounds to appeal against their decision.

Will let you all know how I get on (if at all), I may hit a brick wall but as advised it is better to explore option completely before moving onto the next, and in the scale of the application process what is an extra couple of weeks

Regards

Jon

Good to hear Jon;)

Go sock it to em!!

You can always go down the other route once the AIM process has been exhausted.

Please let us know how you get on...and the best of luck m8;)

spalen Oct 18th 2005 8:25 am

Jonjon - If I was you I'd place a phone call to the Aim Mgr - I can give you name if you PM me - ask her politely how you can resubmit to be succesful, you're pretty confident youve got the right skills etc, perhaps you didnt present the case properly when you sent it over, how can you present it better, what specifically were the problems etc...

If you ask really nicely and make it your fault instead of theirs you'll get a result , 'tis the aussie way. And AIM is a small office (!).

rossifumi Oct 18th 2005 8:47 am

Originally Posted by joho
I know I find it amazing that a man can s**t and read at the same time and for so long as well. :D
Jo

That is a pure gift that we have. :)

phoenixinoz Oct 18th 2005 8:57 am

Originally Posted by rossifumi
That is a pure gift that we have. :)

Yes, but unfortunately AIM do no not appreciate this gift you chaps have:rolleyes: :D