Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A word before I leave

A word before I leave

Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:32 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute
Smile A word before I leave

Hi all,
Well shippers come tomorrow, so the computer will be packed up tonight. This will be last opportunity I will have to leave a thread for a month or so.
I have been living in Glasgow for nearly 2 years. I started out driving buses here. It wasn't a bad job, however, I came across a few unpleasant people. nearly lost my vision due to a fire extinguisher being sprayed in my face. The company I was working for was a little strange, I had conjunctivitis in my eye, so I took a few days off for my eye to get better, on my return to work I was given an official warning for having 2 days off, even though I had seen the company doctor who had told me to take 2 days off. I thought that this was all a little strange anyway I guess thats the Way they do things here.
I have really enjoyed seeing the magnificent country side. The mountains here are huge!!! Glasgow has its good and bad points, its like any other city or town in the world, know city or town is immune to crime or anti-social behaviour. Drivers in Glasgow a little more courteous than my fellow Australian drivers, I will go back with this experience and try to do the same in Australia, hopefully I can convert some Australians to do the same. However, I have seen some stupid drivers here too. But, you get idiot drivers anywhere in the world. Overall the UK is a nice place to live and I would like to return some day to see more this country.
It's is now my partners turn to experience another country. We are settling in Canberra at first. I have a few contacts there that can help us both out with employment, after a year or 2 their we may wish to settle some where else in the future. But for now we will settle in Canberra.
Before I finish I would just like to wish all those waiting for their visas the best of luck. Anyone that is heading off to Australia I hope that it all works out for you all. Even if it's not for you I congratulate you for giving it a go.
I would also like to say thank you to this forum. There are many people on here that have been a great help. So much information for anyone migrating. For people just starting out listen to constructive criticism, Australia is like any other country it has its faults. If you can ignore the faults and get on with your new life you should find your new life a pleasant experience.

Jim
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:35 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A word before I leave

good luck back home in aus!!

if you posted a photo on your thread, it didn't work (or it didn't on mine!)

thank you for your thoughts on blighty, and your wishes for everyone on this forum.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Have a good trip back. Hope you don't leave BE though, your thoughts on being back will be interesting reading.
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:41 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Have a good trip back. Hope you don't leave BE though, your thoughts on being back will be interesting reading.

I wont leave BE. I'll will most certainly posting again when I get back to Australia. Besides you need some one to keep Bix on his best behaviour...............
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:43 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Hi all,
Well shippers come tomorrow, so the computer will be packed up tonight. This will be last opportunity I will have to leave a thread for a month or so.
I have been living in Glasgow for nearly 2 years. I started out driving buses here. It wasn't a bad job, however, I came across a few unpleasant people. nearly lost my vision due to a fire extinguisher being sprayed in my face. The company I was working for was a little strange, I had conjunctivitis in my eye, so I took a few days off for my eye to get better, on my return to work I was given an official warning for having 2 days off, even though I had seen the company doctor who had told me to take 2 days off. I thought that this was all a little strange anyway I guess thats the Way they do things here.
I have really enjoyed seeing the magnificent country side. The mountains here are huge!!! Glasgow has its good and bad points, its like any other city or town in the world, know city or town is immune to crime or anti-social behaviour. Drivers in Glasgow a little more courteous than my fellow Australian drivers, I will go back with this experience and try to do the same in Australia, hopefully I can convert some Australians to do the same. However, I have seen some stupid drivers here too. But, you get idiot drivers anywhere in the world. Overall the UK is a nice place to live and I would like to return some day to see more this country.
It's is now my partners turn to experience another country. We are settling in Canberra at first. I have a few contacts there that can help us both out with employment, after a year or 2 their we may wish to settle some where else in the future. But for now we will settle in Canberra.
Before I finish I would just like to wish all those waiting for their visas the best of luck. Anyone that is heading off to Australia I hope that it all works out for you all. Even if it's not for you I congratulate you for giving it a go.
I would also like to say thank you to this forum. There are many people on here that have been a great help. So much information for anyone migrating. For people just starting out listen to constructive criticism, Australia is like any other country it has its faults. If you can ignore the faults and get on with your new life you should find your new life a pleasant experience.

Jim
Ahh Bless - thanks Jim and I wish you all the very best mate.

Jacs x
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 9:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I wont leave BE. I'll will most certainly posting again when I get back to Australia. Besides you need some one to keep Bix on his best behaviour...............
Since when did you do that I don't remember him being on best behaviour - he's just Bixie
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Jim (and Mrs Jim!!! ) .

Let us know when you arrive -we can shout 'Welcome Home" to ya!!
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:08 am
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Jim,

Hope your journey is a good one, let us know how you get on. Glad you'll still be posting on here. For me, you started one of the most hilarious posts on here (what do you think your expats look like??)....thanks for the laughs.

TTFN

D D
Old Aug 2nd 2005, 10:10 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Good luck. We wanna see your bone when you get here

Check if you're in the same league as Bix

Old Aug 8th 2005, 11:39 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Jim
Been walkabout for a few days so missed this post Jim

Good luck with the move and to the missus in settling.

At least you won't have to put up with those funny Scottish people now
Old Aug 8th 2005, 12:20 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Jim
good luck mate
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:20 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Good luck to you both, enjoy your new lives
Carole
Old Aug 8th 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

How did I miss this one?

Good luck Jim, i wish you all the best and look forward to some more of your fun posts when you're back online

Tracey