Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wooohoooooooo...Oz here we come!

Wooohoooooooo...Oz here we come!

Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ushas will become famous soon enough
Default Wooohoooooooo...Oz here we come!

Sorry got a bit carried away there!

Hubby has been granted PR! His Spouse visa is finally approved.

God how exciting is it saying that!

He has PR! He has PR! He has PR!

Yup sounds gggrrreat!

Oh just in case you didn't get it. Today the AHC phoned hubby and told him he has been granted PR!

Sent off Sept 10th. Trip to Oz for Hubby (£0th Sep - 9th Oct).

GRANTED TODAY!!!
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:45 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wooohoooooooo...Oz here we come!

Originally Posted by Ushas

Yup sounds gggrrreat!

Oh just in case you didn't get it. Today the AHC phoned hubby and told him he has been granted PR!

GRANTED TODAY!!!
Congratulations!

BTW don't apologise for getting carried away. If we ever get to this stage, nobody will be safe! I'll probably snog anything that moves (and that'll be before getting sozzled as well) so shout it from the rooftops!!!

D D
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:54 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Congratulations!

BTW don't apologise for getting carried away. If we ever get to this stage, nobody will be safe! I'll probably snog anything that moves (and that'll be before getting sozzled as well) so shout it from the rooftops!!!

D D
Know just how you feel DD! BTW I'm the same age as you - have you lived in Oz before?

Ushas - well done, enjoy! Have half a shandy on me tonight !
Old Oct 12th 2004, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

It was funny though. I was running round work and telling everyone and they were going oh yeah great news.

But I just felt they should have shrieked and screamed a little bit more. lol
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:00 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Know just how you feel DD! BTW I'm the same age as you - have you lived in Oz before?

Hi

No never been to Oz before although husband has worked in Sydney a couple of times. Going over to Melbourne for a reccie in March so I'm really getting excited already!!

Same age as me eh, in the prime of our lives then, aren't we? And we're still on the good side of 40 as well!!!!

D D
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:04 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Same age as me eh, in the prime of our lives then, aren't we? And we're still on the good side of 40 as well!!!!

D D
This is the good side of 40???? We're looking at (very) early retirement.

Been to Oz a few times. Enough to know I'll enjoy living there!

Good luck with Melbourne, we're looking at Perth or QLD.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:15 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Congratulations Ushas, you jump up and down and scream as much as you like. I'm sure many have done it before you and plenty will do it after you. I know I certainly will be flying off the roof, lol. Not sure how I will cope with a day in work when that envelope finally ends up on our mat, I'll be worse than the kids. Great news, best wishes.
Sarah
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl

Half a shandy???? lol
Got the bubbly in the fridge already.
Old Oct 12th 2004, 5:45 pm
Go Banana's !!

Congratulations from the Banana's !! The other half is in bed in Perth so I'll say from us both !!

Good luck with the rest of the rollercoaster.

Best wishes

Warren & Jill

Old Oct 12th 2004, 6:14 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!
Congratulations from the Banana's !! The other half is in bed in Perth so I'll say from us both !!

Good luck with the rest of the rollercoaster.

Best wishes

Warren & Jill
Many congrats and many methinks!

I imagine when I get the final nod I'll jam this forum with wooooohooooos! In fact the whole thing will probably crash and have to change servers to cope with the influx of my celebratory posts! Well OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a tad, but I know what you mean!

Drink the pub dry!
Old Oct 13th 2004, 5:05 pm
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ushas

Yup sounds gggrrreat!

GRANTED TODAY!!!

Know how you feel....hubby got his today ......WHAOOOOOOOO]

We are off in Nov.

Congratulations and well done!!!!!!

kate
Old Oct 13th 2004, 7:17 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Hi Ushas,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
It's a fab feeling when you get the visa through!!!!
Have you started on that bubbly yet???
Where in Oz are you heading??
Shell