Woolies

Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Woolies

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Tip.... next time dont look over your shoulder as your doing it
Or the tugging of the earlobe...

Back to RADA it is then...
Old Aug 30th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Self-scanning:

There was an article in the paper the other week that people pass off apples as the cheaper variety the other day to save a buck or two...

I gave it a go, in the name of investigative journalism, and sure enough, they were on to me...and the girl in charge appeared at my side...with her key all ready to go.

Fortunately for me, by then, I had genuinely mixed up and scanned the wrong apples....but as it turned out, at the same price anyhow...nerves surely?

The girl looked disappointed..and I slunk away giggling at my little ruse..

As for criminal charges, I don't see how they could prove you scanned it wrong deliberately. Mens rea...and all that.
Self scanning,thats what I meant.I had to call over for some help they other day as I realised that I had scanned the wrong potatoes.he girl sorted it for me.Ended up paying $2 extra.But they say honesty being the best policy....
Old Aug 30th 2011, 2:13 pm
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lancastrian48
So,I fill my trolley up, stack it on the conveyor belt and wait for processing /payment.

" How are you today " - " How was your day today ( uncannily familiar montone from every check out person" - " Have a good one"

All of course false, from a training manual...I'd respect you more if you just did the job quietly and did'nt insult my intelligence..

Are you the same ? Have nice day
I had the same experience the other day in my local sex shop,when i purchased a 10'' dildo,butt plugs in numerous colours(The wipe clean one's) a black gag mask,and copy of dogging weekly.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
UK employees also get told to greet their customers - but generally UK teens and employees in retail do not carry through with it.
My local Co-op, ASDA, Morrisons and Waitrose all have check out staff who always ask..."Hi, how are you, do you need bags and can I help you to pack".
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:36 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Tip.... next time dont look over your shoulder as your doing it

How anyone can get offended/annoyed by someone at a checkout greeting you is totally beyond belief IMO.
Because sometimes when you are having a lousy day and you just want to get home, the last thing you want is some girl young enough to be your daughter asking "what you doin' this weekend mate?" while picking the dirt from her fingernails rather than just doing her job so you can get home! (my latest experience in Coles!)
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Very strange - arent woolies long underwear one wears in the winter?
Old Aug 30th 2011, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I am sometimes bemused to be asked "how's your day been?" at 7am.

Beyond that, I struggle to see why anyone would be annoyed by a checkout operator speaking to them. Seems very arrogant.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:17 pm
Lets Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute4500 Times has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
What intelligence is that mate. My mother always taught me that manners cost nothing, perhaps you should learn some.

They would be the 1st to complain if they were ignored...
Old Aug 30th 2011, 9:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Because sometimes when you are having a lousy day and you just want to get home, the last thing you want is some girl young enough to be your daughter asking "what you doin' this weekend mate?" while picking the dirt from her fingernails rather than just doing her job so you can get home! (my latest experience in Coles!)
Let your demeanor speak for you...a word or two would probably get the message over... I've been there too...
Old Aug 30th 2011, 10:53 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't I just see (and comment on) this in the Grrrr thread? Did it really deserve its own? Jesus, what miserable ****ers some of us are.

If this is all you have to whinge about, I'd say your life is pretty good - and at least you're not working on the check-out at Woolies, dealing with miserable expats.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:02 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
at least you're not working on the check-out at Woolies, dealing with miserable expats.
.........Or stupid scruffy australians
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:04 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Didn't I just see (and comment on) this in the Grrrr thread? Did it really deserve its own? Jesus, what miserable ****ers some of us are.

If this is all you have to whinge about, I'd say your life is pretty good - and at least you're not working on the check-out at Woolies, dealing with miserable expats.
First Born can tell from body language whether the customer wants a 'How you going' comment. She had one on Sunday who was happy chatting, she got to the bit where she's supposed to flog raffle tickets to win a years worth of shopping and the guy said 'what a ****ing waste of money, I may be dead tomorrow, what the **** would I want that for? A simple 'no thanks' would have sufficed.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:06 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
I would rather a greeting than someone at the till ignore me.They are serving hundreds of people a day so imagine it would be hard doing personal greetings to each and every one.Most times I make an effort to chat and say hello.Its nice and good manners.
Me too.

I like it. If I don't want to talk, then I say 'good thanks' and then don't offer anything more. Its hardly rocket science.
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:10 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I have found that that the right look of contempt soon shuts them up and they get on with what they are paid to do
Old Aug 30th 2011, 11:14 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lancastrian48
So,I fill my trolley up, stack it on the conveyor belt and wait for processing /payment.

" How are you today " - " How was your day today ( uncannily familiar montone from every check out person" - " Have a good one"

All of course false, from a training manual...I'd respect you more if you just did the job quietly and did'nt insult my intelligence..

Are you the same ? Have nice day
They'll have to find it before they insult it.

How about attempting to ask how their day is going, something anodyne like 'Been busy?' ... It helps pass the time for everyone while they annoyingly pack your bags in that helpful way they have.

And they say people from the north of England are friendlier

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.