Wikiposts

woof woof

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 3:44 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold
Default woof woof

Hello,
We are hoping to be out by next x-mas, and was wondering if anyone could recommend the best way of getting over our beloved family dog. I have just read the horrific story of toby, and thus decided will only go on a recommendation. We actually don't get our 'Millie' for another 3 weeks yet as she is only 5 weeks old 'she' being a black cocker.. would show you a pic, but don't know how.
Anyway enough rambling, have tried to search this, but think am gettin it wrong cos just get a load of other info
Any help gratefully received, and also an indication on price would be great, we are looking at Brisbane area...just in case it makes a difference.
Cheers very muchly.

Donna.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:07 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: woof woof

Originally Posted by winedonju
Hello,
We are hoping to be out by next x-mas, and was wondering if anyone could recommend the best way of getting over our beloved family dog. I have just read the horrific story of toby, and thus decided will only go on a recommendation. We actually don't get our 'Millie' for another 3 weeks yet as she is only 5 weeks old 'she' being a black cocker.. would show you a pic, but don't know how.
Anyway enough rambling, have tried to search this, but think am gettin it wrong cos just get a load of other info
Any help gratefully received, and also an indication on price would be great, we are looking at Brisbane area...just in case it makes a difference.
Cheers very muchly.

Donna.
Lots of people use Airpets - my coz had a good experience so that is who we are using. I believe the company who have been so careless with poor Toby are the folks who deal with handling at the Aussie airports rather than one of the companies you would select over here to actually ship thru. I have also heard that Golden Arrow are great - they are based up North & Airpets actually based at Heathrow. I love those little black cockers-they're so wriggly & bouncy!
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:09 am
South Yarra Sheila

JoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond reputeJoolsB has a reputation beyond repute

ps my 2 mini schnauzers are Melbourne bound at a cost of approx £2300. There are lots of other smaller costs too tho' such as microchip, import certificates, blood tests.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:11 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Hello,
Cheers very muchly.

Donna.
i put links to some helpful threads in this one yesterday
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488718
a few reccos in amongst them
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:12 pm
skye

We used Golden Arrow to bring our springer and black cocker (mad) here, cost approx £5k for the two including quarantine and other bits and bobs, had them flown to brisbane using dogtainers....... its so sad about Toby, we know his dad and cant help looking at our two and feel so sad for the family.

Old Oct 22nd 2007, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really niceBunna_Wabbit is just really nice

Our blue roan Cocker was brought over by Airpets. I did most of the leg work - ie. import permit, some vet work etc. and price wise that did make a difference. I think they were a bit more expensive than some others but they were extremely helpful and when Piper was refused by BA (the airline's mistake no one elses) they boarded her and our two cats for an extra night and never charged us. They all flew into Melbourne. I would recommend Airpets.....
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by JoolsB
ps my 2 mini schnauzers are Melbourne bound at a cost of approx £2300. There are lots of other smaller costs too tho' such as microchip, import certificates, blood tests.
Cheers very muchly. Was a little bit cheaper then I expected. Have just read the bad news on Toby, and am begining to wonder now????? Couldn't bare to go through that. Am hoping people will post some positives and should be able to get a feel for the better ones, and hope for some luck!
Donna.x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by gedge
i put links to some helpful threads in this one yesterday
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488718
a few reccos in amongst them
Thanks very much for the link, am hoping to get better at all this soon?????
Donna.x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bunna_Wabbit
Our blue roan Cocker was brought over by Airpets. I did most of the leg work - ie. import permit, some vet work etc. and price wise that did make a difference. I think they were a bit more expensive than some others but they were extremely helpful and when Piper was refused by BA (the airline's mistake no one elses) they boarded her and our two cats for an extra night and never charged us. They all flew into Melbourne. I would recommend Airpets.....
Thanks, would like to get as many positives as poss. We are not rich or well off (by ANY stretch of the imagination), but have to say having decided Oz is right for us, money has got to be no object when it comes to getting Millie out there SAFE and SOUND. So thanks for taking the time to reply.
Donna.x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:05 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, would like to get as many positives as poss. We are not rich or well off (by ANY stretch of the imagination), but have to say having decided Oz is right for us, money has got to be no object when it comes to getting Millie out there SAFE and SOUND. So thanks for taking the time to reply.
Donna.x
We used Golden Arrow and they were brilliant. Dont know how much they charge now cos we brought ours over a few years ago, but they were recommended to us and we would certainly recommend them. Best of luck.
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Call me AL
We used Golden Arrow and they were brilliant. Dont know how much they charge now cos we brought ours over a few years ago, but they were recommended to us and we would certainly recommend them. Best of luck.
Cheers, much appreciated. x
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 10:48 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
we used golden arrow as well (boxer dog last year). i think it cost about 2,500 pounds (fromm memory). couldnt recommend them highly enough. they are based southern midlands/north of bristol/east of wales type area. do a search on here, they are mentioned often enough. they are only contatcable by telephone or post though, they hate computers
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

melaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud ofmelaniee has much to be proud of

We used Golden Arrow who were fantastic-but check who the carrier this end in Australia is.