Wikiposts

woodworm

Old Mar 26th 2005, 10:09 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road
Default woodworm

I have recently accquired some antique furniture I would like to take with me, but the problem is it has woodworm holes. I know this could be a problem with customs, is there a quick and easy way to treat the furniture to irradicate the problem
thanks
k
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:22 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: woodworm

AQIS will not like finding bore holes so will want to treat or destroy the item.

I would of thought proffessional fumigation would be the answer. You could then attach copies of the certificate and details of the treatment given to the item. Don't be surprised if AQIS still want to do their own treatment though.

Actually check out their website as there maybe some specific info on there........http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...A7D8C8015E4BDD
Old Mar 27th 2005, 12:35 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
AQIS will not like finding bore holes so will want to treat or destroy the item.

I would of thought proffessional fumigation would be the answer. You could then attach copies of the certificate and details of the treatment given to the item. Don't be surprised if AQIS still want to do their own treatment though.

Actually check out their website as there maybe some specific info on there........http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...A7D8C8015E4BDD
This sounds like very sound advice
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix

Oh no!! I`ve got some bedroom furniture with the same thing, we`ve had them for years so know there is no problem but we dont have any certifcates to prove treatment.

Will have a look at the site
Old Mar 28th 2005, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kendra1
I have recently accquired some antique furniture I would like to take with me, but the problem is it has woodworm holes. I know this could be a problem with customs, is there a quick and easy way to treat the furniture to irradicate the problem
thanks
k
If its small enough, you could microwave it! I know it sounds funny but thats what an AQIS fellow said to me once when I brought back some small item.

Seriously, do the right thing as suggested and get an audit trail. They do take these things seriously as you will see from the penalties when you check out what to do.

Furthermore, if its good antique stuff and not junk, you would want to do that anyway to protect your investment, regardless of moving.