Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Woodridge South Brisbane

Wikiposts

Woodridge South Brisbane

Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:28 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Woodridge South Brisbane

I had to go down to Woodridge at the weekend. (The locals reading this will think I am mad) but needs must and all that.

Anyway, I can now confirm that it is NOT a place to want to live.

I got the first impression of not liking the area, and then the person we had to see mentioned this shooting the other day, and the fact that he keeps a shotgun handy all the time.

The thing I really noticed was the sound of police cars. I have got so used to not hearing them where I live, that it came as quite a shock.

The houses are cheap though !

Old Feb 8th 2004, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Woodridge South Brisbane

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I had to go down to Woodridge at the weekend. (The locals reading this will think I am mad) but needs must and all that.

Anyway, I can now confirm that it is NOT a place to want to live.

I got the first impression of not liking the area, and then the person we had to see mentioned this shooting the other day, and the fact that he keeps a shotgun handy all the time.

The thing I really noticed was the sound of police cars. I have got so used to not hearing them where I live, that it came as quite a shock.

The houses are cheap though !

FERAL place if ever there was one. I'd love to see a life in the sun crew sent there
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:10 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

The houses may be cheap, but you would have to PAY me to live there. And even then you would have to drag me there kicking & screaming & lock me in the house. Feral is an understatement.

The only other places in Brisbane that I would classify on the same level would be Eagleby, Darra & Inala.

If you wear a pair of shoes to the shops and you dont have a tattoo, you're the one that everyone looks at cos you're out of place :scared:
Old Feb 9th 2004, 12:31 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Mind you, when we lived in the next suburb there was one thing I noticed about the people in Woodridge.

They all had nice stuff.

Unfortunately, most of it was ours :scared: