Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

woodridge/guilderton wa......?

woodridge/guilderton wa......?

Old Jul 25th 2006, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of
Default woodridge/guilderton wa......?

Hi Folks

Can anyone tell me what this area is like - i've been up to Yanchep as went riding there several times. It looks like the nearest main town is Guilderton. Does anyone have any feedback?

We're fancying living in the country with a bit of acreage but close enough to the beach too! I'm not expecting to be surrounded by expats there, but wondered if it was safe, welcoming, easy to fit in - that kind of thing.

Look forward to your replies

JJ

Old Jul 25th 2006, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of
Default Re: woodridge/guilderton wa......?

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi Folks

Can anyone tell me what this area is like - i've been up to Yanchep as went riding there several times. It looks like the nearest main town is Guilderton. Does anyone have any feedback?

We're fancying living in the country with a bit of acreage but close enough to the beach too! I'm not expecting to be surrounded by expats there, but wondered if it was safe, welcoming, easy to fit in - that kind of thing.

JJ

Moore River is near Guilderton, and leaks into the coast; very pretty from what I remember. I'm sure that area will all take off in good time.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JosieJ
Hi Folks

JJ

Hi

We have a house up in that area that we rent out, the prices have been go up over the past year.

It is very welcoming up there, when my in laws use to live up there 6 months of the year they loved it everyone was so friendly to them and made them feel like part of the community within days.

Let me know if I can help with any other info.

K
Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:45 am
Forum Regular

JosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud ofJosieJ has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimi
Hi

We have a house up in that area that we rent out, the prices have been go up over the past year.

It is very welcoming up there, when my in laws use to live up there 6 months of the year they loved it everyone was so friendly to them and made them feel like part of the community within days.

Let me know if I can help with any other info.

K

Thanks so much for your help! I'm grateful as ever! It sounds a lovely place. I know we're totally jumping the gun and being unrealistic, but there's a house for sale there with land and they're selling privately. From the description the area sounds just what we're looking for! House is amazing too, but i won't get my hopes up there as still waiting for visa!!

Thanks again

Old Jul 26th 2006, 5:53 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

I'm not sure you would call Guilderton a town. More of a settlement. We go camping there regularly, and it seems a lovely place - but quiet! Not much in the way of shops etc. If you're looking to escape the rat race, but be only an hour north of Perth, this is the place for you!