Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wood burning stoves, Perth

Wood burning stoves, Perth

Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wood burning stoves, Perth

We have one which needs installing ! does anybody know of anyone in perth NOR who can do this ?

Nicky
Old Jun 30th 2007, 3:41 am
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wood burning stoves, Perth

Can't answer that, but I can tell you that our local paper is running a governemnt ad offering $500 rebates to people who converted their woodburners to gas to help the old environment!!! The first 800 peeps in Perth metro before 1st August. Interested? Probably not, and lets face it nothing beats the smell of a wood burner.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:31 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
We have one which needs installing ! does anybody know of anyone in perth NOR who can do this ?

Nicky
All you need is a hole in your roof for the flu; have you not got a jigsaw?

BTW, they aren't very good for the environment and the amount of wood they use costs a fortune...................
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walla
All you need is a hole in your roof for the flu; have you not got a jigsaw?

BTW, they aren't very good for the environment and the amount of wood they use costs a fortune...................
Yeah he is quite handy at most things but really doesnt want the hassle of getting up on the roof and taking the tiles off etc.

We got the stove free so seems a waste not to use it, Would just look nice in the house. We probably wont need to use it very often as the house doesnt seem to get to cold ! But have some wood in the shed that we could do with getting rid of !

Nicky
Old Jun 30th 2007, 4:45 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah he is quite handy at most things but really doesnt want the hassle of getting up on the roof and taking the tiles off etc.

We got the stove free so seems a waste not to use it, Would just look nice in the house. We probably wont need to use it very often as the house doesnt seem to get to cold ! But have some wood in the shed that we could do with getting rid of !

Nicky
Try the free newspapers, loads of people in there will fit it. I'm on holiday in the UK now and I can tell you I'd love a wood burner right now, it's friggin baltic here

I wish I was back home in Perth.....
Old Jun 30th 2007, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by walla
Try the free newspapers, loads of people in there will fit it. I'm on holiday in the UK now and I can tell you I'd love a wood burner right now, it's friggin baltic here

I wish I was back home in Perth.....
Where are you Walla ? Is it still raining ? If it makes you feel any better we have rain forcast here for the weekend & most of next week too. Mind you saying that its not a bad day here ,low twenties & the sun is shining ( at the moment )

Have a good holiday

Nicky
Old Jun 30th 2007, 6:29 am
Keeping it fairly real

Where are you Walla ? Is it still raining ? If it makes you feel any better we have rain forcast here for the weekend & most of next week too. Mind you saying that its not a bad day here ,low twenties & the sun is shining ( at the moment )

Have a good holiday

Nicky

Gateshead, sunny at the mo, pissing down later........
Old Jun 30th 2007, 7:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hubby did ours, didn't take too long and he probably took more care than a lot of "professionals" I think it took him about 5 hours not rushing.
Old Jun 30th 2007, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Milton Keynes is pissing it down!!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 11:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Hubby did ours, didn't take too long and he probably took more care than a lot of "professionals" I think it took him about 5 hours not rushing.
There is a safety aspect - like the flue or chimney must not be too close to any roof structure in case it starts a fire. But he'd know this ;-)

We get calls outs to chimney fires caused by dodgy installations.