Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wondering about eczema

wondering about eczema

Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:34 pm
jules

Julie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wondering about eczema

just wondering if anyone out there suffers from eczema.. our two year old has mild eczema and wondered if the hot climate had any effect on it.

cheers

jules
Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I not sure about eczema, but i have problem skin. I have found it had improved hugely since being here. Providing you use suncream and keep the skin moisturised maybe it will improve it..i hope so.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:51 pm
jules

Julie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ezcema

thanks podgypossum. its actually for my 2.1/2 year old daughter who has mild eczcema on her face i just hope we wont aggrivate it by emmigrating, its just another of those things that make you think am i doing the right thing! Do you think goats milk will help it then?

was also wondering if that was a picture of you on you signature thingy?

jules
Old Jan 17th 2004, 10:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Because the climate isn't so damp, its generally better for eczema. Depends what she is sensitive too - mine is worse when its really humid, but no worse than it was in the damper days in the UK. The cleaner air will be better for her, and being able to spend more time outside should help too.
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ezcema

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Julie Martin
thanks podgypossum. its actually for my 2.1/2 year old daughter who has mild eczcema on her face i just hope we wont aggrivate it by emmigrating, its just another of those things that make you think am i doing the right thing! Do you think goats milk will help it then?

was also wondering if that was a picture of you on you signature thingy?

Hi Julie,

Yes the pic is me but it was taken two years ago and i have put on a fair bit of weight since then, and i now refuse to have my photo taken..LOL
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

My daughter who's just turned 5 had mild eczema in the UK, mainly behind her knees and on her wrists.

Since coming to Australia, she very rarely gets it now (we live in Melbourne). Only occasionally when she's been running around all day and is very hot and sweaty does it flare up a little bit. All I do then is put some Hydrocortizone (sp) cream on her before she goes to bed, and it's gone by the morning.

I also feel that as she is wearing a lot less clothes and she's outside more (as Polly mentioned) this has helped as well.

Regards
Old Jan 17th 2004, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

koala_mac is an unknown quantity at this point

An ex-boyfriend of mine's sister had a baby who had bad excema from day dot, poor little mite. She took her to a chinese herbalist who prescribed a kind of tea to bathe her in, and it really cleared it up. Might be worth looking into.

K_M
Old Jan 18th 2004, 1:35 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: wondering about eczema

Originally posted by Julie Martin
just wondering if anyone out there suffers from eczema.. our two year old has mild eczema and wondered if the hot climate had any effect on it.

cheers

jules
My daughter had Severe Eczema in UK, (bandaged head to toe, to keep the cream on). Here it has got much better, she just puts a small amount of cream on backs of legs and arms each day, after a shower, and very rarely has problems.
Attached Thumbnails wondering about eczema-erika-bandaged-sml.jpg  

Old Jan 18th 2004, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: wondering about eczema

Originally posted by Julie Martin

cheers

jules

My Sister has it..... BAD......she goes to a tanning bed here in Canada and it clears right up good luck to you .........
Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:43 am
Hippy chick

Elspeth is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

when we got here my 4 yo sufferd badly on her arms legs and back, since being here, its cleared up amazingly, now and then she gets a bit in the winter. apart from that .. no problem