Womens Talk

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 7:53 pm

maxpaxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Womens Talk

Apologies in advance for this subject matter but have a problem!

Medicals booked for 2 days time. After a year of waiting for the 'monthlys' to return after being prescribed 'deprovra' birth control injection (steer clear - is my advice)! they have now ever so conveniently decided to arrive. Am I right in thinking that you cannot have the medical if this is the case?

I take it you pee in a pot and they just stick their little tester in the pot to see if it's ok - they don't send it off or anything?

Thanks Max
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:01 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

They say you should avoid having the medical if you have your period. This is because blood shows up in the urine, which is normal during a period but abnormal at any other time. Why don't you phone them and ask if they have a way around it? Maybe your wife can do a sample at your GPs and they can certify something??
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Womens Talk

Originally posted by maxpaxx
Apologies in advance for this subject matter but have a problem!

Medicals booked for 2 days time. After a year of waiting for the 'monthlys' to return after being prescribed 'deprovra' birth control injection (steer clear - is my advice)! they have now ever so conveniently decided to arrive. Am I right in thinking that you cannot have the medical if this is the case?

I take it you pee in a pot and they just stick their little tester in the pot to see if it's ok - they don't send it off or anything?

Thanks Max
I don't think it matters. I don't recall being examined THERE!! All I remember is him having a good massage of my top half, if you know what I mean !! But maybe best to check with the surgery to be sure
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:03 pm
4-1,4-1 i love it,love it

Arron is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Just reading my own meds forms,
Even though gonads are my forte at the mo, it does say that you can't have meds while on"monthly's".
My missus asked the same question.
Better re-book ours for June 2009
Don't know about peeing in a pot though, was gonna take an old whisky bottle.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:07 pm
WBB

this thread reminds me how glad i am to be a man.

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:10 pm

Originally posted by vicky o
They say you should avoid having the medical if you have your period. This is because blood shows up in the urine, which is normal during a period but abnormal at any other time. Why don't you phone them and ask if they have a way around it? Maybe your wife can do a sample at your GPs and they can certify something??
...Hi Vicky LOL! I am 'the wife'. Sorry everyone calls me Max but my name is maxine - apologies for confusion

I was actually considering being devious - if all they do to test your wee is stick one of those little things to test for glucose and blood like when you are preggars the I may get someone else to pee in a pot and take that into the loo - I can't be fagged to cancel it. Ed's got the dya booked off and it's all arranged and it's a good 1 1/2 drive.

My mum did point out however that this could backfire if it showed something! but reading the med forms they would ask you to do it again anyway in that situation.

Oh what to do! Hoping it will just stop by then
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

...Hi Vicky LOL! I am 'the wife'. Sorry everyone calls me Max but my name is maxine - apologies for confusion

I was actually considering being devious - if all they do to test your wee is stick one of those little things to test for glucose and blood like when you are preggars the I may get someone else to pee in a pot and take that into the loo - I can't be fagged to cancel it. Ed's got the dya booked off and it's all arranged and it's a good 1 1/2 drive.

My mum did point out however that this could backfire if it showed something! but reading the med forms they would ask you to do it again anyway in that situation.

Oh what to do! Hoping it will just stop by then
I would be inclined to go ahead anyway and if they need to redo the urine sample you could get that done at your local docs and have them send off the result. That way you can still have all the other tests for the medical this week. Better than missing the whole medical for the sake of a urine sample that only might be dodgy.
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:14 pm

Originally posted by WBB
this thread reminds me how glad i am to be a man.

D'you know it's funny - been stressing about this for 6 months, put on weight - another 'side effect' it can just bugger you up altogether apparently and some docs won't prescribe it. So have been praying for everything to go back to normal and now it is I remember what a pain in the ass it is! So yes you are lucky WB Did you call them in the end by the way?

Maxine
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:16 pm

Originally posted by HiddenPaw
I would be inclined to go ahead anyway and if they need to redo the urine sample you could get that done at your local docs and have them send off the result. That way you can still have all the other tests for the medical this week. Better than missing the whole medical for the sake of a urine sample that only might be dodgy.

Yeah your'e quite right. Thanks HP
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:27 pm
Anxiously awaiting March

vicky o will become famous soon enoughvicky o will become famous soon enough

Max, just sent you a PM
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Definitely check with your surgery. There will be blood in your urine, that can also indicate kidney probs as well so give an ambiguous result.
It's a pain but best to find out sooner rather than later.

Lesley
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:35 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

What a pain in the proverbial!

If it makes you feel any better, my bitch has just come into season today which means I have a LOT of sweet talking to do with the bloke who was going to look after here for two weeks after we go!

Either that or everything has to be put back a week

(Mind you with no sign of the effing visa we might have to do that anyway )

Bloody women's problems( scuse the pun!)
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:49 pm

Originally posted by Pollster
What a pain in the proverbial!

If it makes you feel any better, my bitch has just come into season today which means I have a LOT of sweet talking to do with the bloke who was going to look after here for two weeks after we go!

Either that or everything has to be put back a week

(Mind you with no sign of the effing visa we might have to do that anyway )

Bloody women's problems( scuse the pun!)

..is she following you out there?

Our old dog made a right mess with that - I'd forgotton about it and she used to drag her arse all around the house..pleasant
Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:50 pm
WBB

I'd forgotton about it and she used to drag her arse all around the house..pleasant

i am so glad women have got leg's

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 8:53 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Yeah, she was supposed to be coming out two weeks later than us to give us time to find a dog-friendly house to rent and a car.

The trouble is that is we wait until her seasn is over then that gives is just a week in NZ to get organised before hubby starts work

AND my mum is currently out there and is hanging on for us to arrive so she can see us before she flies back before her ticket runs out!!

God, everything just seems to be making it as difficult as possible for us at the moment!

And the mess is just another thing to deal with when I have a plumber in while showing the flat to prospective tenants!

My life is very at the moment!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.