Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

within commuting distance to Brisbane???

within commuting distance to Brisbane???

Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough
Default within commuting distance to Brisbane???

Can anyone advise please?

My sister and her husband have lived in Sydney for the past 7 years and have two boys under the age of three.They have been looking to move to the Brisbane area but don't want to live in the city.Does anyone reccommend any nice towns like Maleny or Montville but are only 1 hour (max) commute to Brisbane?

Any help much appreciated!!!!!!

The Bread Knife
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:16 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: within commuting distance to Brisbane???

Originally posted by The Bread Knife
Can anyone advise please?

My sister and her husband have lived in Sydney for the past 7 years and have two boys under the age of three.They have been looking to move to the Brisbane area but don't want to live in the city.Does anyone reccommend any nice towns like Maleny or Montville but are only 1 hour (max) commute to Brisbane?

Any help much appreciated!!!!!!

The Bread Knife
Do they want to be near the coast, inland or are they not bothered?

Incidentally, where abouts in Cheshire are you??
Old Apr 28th 2004, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: within commuting distance to Brisbane???

Originally posted by mlbonner
Do they want to be near the coast, inland or are they not bothered?

Incidentally, where abouts in Cheshire are you??

I don't think they are bothered
They like things quieter and not too touristy.
Oh- sunny Macclesfield!!!!!

The Bread Knife
Old Apr 28th 2004, 11:44 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

It really depends on what you mean by "town" & if you mean an hour in peak hour traffic (which is what I consider "commute time" ). An hour from Brisbane is generally suburbs more than small town.

Anyway, my suggestions would be to try Samford & Dayboro
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:34 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
It really depends on what you mean by "town" & if you mean an hour in peak hour traffic (which is what I consider "commute time" ). An hour from Brisbane is generally suburbs more than small town.

Mrs D, you really do want to keep our area quiet don't you ?

Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:36 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
Mrs D, you really do want to keep our area quiet don't you ?
Yes, its getting too crowded .

Talking of quiet, Im off down to do some work on the boat today, cya
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:41 am
ABCDiamond

Yes, its getting too crowded .

Talking of quiet, Im off down to do some work on the boat today, cya
I should never have mentioned how many people are moving here over the next few months, should I

Old Apr 29th 2004, 6:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I should never have mentioned how many people are moving here over the next few months, should I
Nope.

Shouldnt have started you-know-what & I would never have known
Old Apr 29th 2004, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

Whingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really niceWhingin Pom is just really nice

Samford is perfect and only five minutes to the train in ferny grove. Also in ferny grove is a real estate agent called Grants, part of the century21 group. If you get your rellies to talk to a guy called David Tyler he has properties in Samford and will set you straight.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys for your help, shall pass on the info!!!!

The Bread Knife