British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Wish List - What to do before going back? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/wish-list-what-do-before-going-back-584331/)

jo_west Jan 14th 2009 8:24 pm

Wish List - What to do before going back?

Hi Guys,

I want no regrets, so I would to do all I can in Australia before moving back to the UK, any recommendations? :) Learning to surf is happening in the next couple of weeks:unsure:

Jo

quoll Jan 14th 2009 9:00 pm

Re: Wish List - What to do before going back?

Well, you wouldnt want to leave before seeing the wonderful national capital now would you?

TillyG Jan 15th 2009 12:35 am

- visit Uluru
- go to Great Barrier Reef
- do the Sydney Harbour Bridge bridge-climb

:)

purple rain Jan 15th 2009 4:58 am

The Barrier Reef, particularly the outer reef....not tobe missed

jacqui

moneypenny20 Jan 15th 2009 7:33 am

The main tourist spots so you can tell the folks back in the old country that you have actually seen them :lol:

Pollyana Jan 15th 2009 8:47 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20 (Post 7170551)
The main tourist spots so you can tell the folks back in the old country that you have actually seen them :lol:

The really wild spots - the Kimberleys, Katherine, northern coast of WA, Cape York. Tasmania, if you've not been there. I want to visit places like Coober Pedy, and Kalgoorlie, just to see what they are like, as I know they will be soooo different from anywhere else.

RickyRamone Jan 15th 2009 11:15 am

Have a nice seafood cocktai:p

mydearboy1 Jan 15th 2009 12:52 pm

Look at the sun because we havent seen it for 3 years and we now believe its an urban myth that the uk gets summers.

moneypenny20 Jan 17th 2009 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by mydearboy1 (Post 7171787)
Look at the sun because we havent seen it for 3 years and we now believe its an urban myth that the uk gets summers.

It was definitely there the first week of Wimbledon last year because I was in the country and it was beautiful - just like a Queensland winter :lol:

CDM Jan 17th 2009 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by s/nurse (Post 7170278)
The Barrier Reef, particularly the outer reef....not tobe missed

jacqui

Actaully, having dived at many sites around the world myself, I'd be more than happy to skip the GBR. I found it a bit disappointing. A much more interesting dive I found was right there in Port Philip Bay, where we saw Seahorses & Sea Dragons. You can also swim with dolphins there in the bay.

I'd also agree with Uluru & Sydney harbour (bridge & opera house) and I'd also throw in the great ocean road betwen Melbourne & Adelaide and the pinnacles desert North of Perth.

- CDM

Petals Jan 17th 2009 9:41 pm

Tasmania a must see.

hevs Jan 18th 2009 11:34 am

Uluru, Kings Canyon, Alice springs...the outback really...

aus2be_OH Jan 18th 2009 11:40 am

Ningaloo Reef, highly recommended. :thumbsup: