Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wise words......

Wise words......

Old Sep 1st 2003, 4:55 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wise words......

I bought a book today entitled 'The Complete Life's Little Instruction Book' by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
In it was a quote which I would like to share with you all!!

PROTECT YOUR ENTHUSIASM FROM THE NEGATIVITY OF OTHERS.

Extremely appropriate for this forum me thinks!!

Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good quote.

For anyone interested in the book it can be bought online.

The Complete Life's Little Instruction Book
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:11 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

I have heard before about negative points about Australia, is this a common thing on here? Why are people so negative about it? I would be interested to hear why people are down on Oz.
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:17 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

OH GOD! Is PB back yet?:scared: Wilf? Dotty? Where are you all when an oppertunity like this comes along :scared:
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:19 pm
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

Does 'red rag to a bull' mean anything???
Old Sep 1st 2003, 5:31 pm
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

If people do not like it why not come back to good old England. No wonder we are known as whinging Pom's. Could imagine what a Brit would say if a foreigner came to the UK and all they did was moan. We would say if you don't like it P... off back home.
It's not like people are dragged from the UK kicking and screaming!
Old Sep 1st 2003, 9:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by nicholls clan
If people do not like it why not come back to good old England. No wonder we are known as whinging Pom's. Could imagine what a Brit would say if a foreigner came to the UK and all they did was moan. We would say if you don't like it P... off back home.
It's not like people are dragged from the UK kicking and screaming!

PB, wilf and Dotty etc. post their own dislikes and gripes. Quite often their information is quite useful. PB however seems unable to post without trying to wind people up.

They do seem to fail to have grasped the fact that a significant percentage of migrants enjoy their lives in Oz or even that it is a possibility.

To be fair a fair few members needed to have the rose specs knocked off (me included). Jobs aren't as easy to get as you might hope. Property whilst cheaper is not so appealing when viewing the price from an Aussie wage perspective. There are quite a few aspects of Aussie living which aren't as UK like as we'd like ("choice" in shops, cost of air travel, TV etc). What really shocked me was the cost of drinking in bars, almost UK prices!

Having said all that, I'm personally quite happy to have less TV (don't like it much here anymore), I'm fortunate enough to have no mortgage and if I can't get a job in my current "profession" I'll find something else to do. If all else fails I may come back. It need not be a one-way trip after all.

Basically I believe PB and others just judge everyone by the own rather questionable standards) but I'll make my own cock up thank you.

Just my own thoughts but feel free to flame