Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is it wise to front load meds and police checks

is it wise to front load meds and police checks

Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

ktee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant futurektee has a brilliant future
Default is it wise to front load meds and police checks

Hi there i am a registered nurse, submitted my application 10 weeks ago and was acknowledged 10/04/06 (136 skilled modl). I really want to front load my medicals and police checks July time to hopefully speed up the process. What does everyone think, i worry as there is still a chnace they may say no, hope not. Any views much welcome.
Katex
Old Jun 14th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: is it wise to front load meds and police checks

Originally Posted by ktee
Hi there i am a registered nurse, submitted my application 10 weeks ago and was acknowledged 10/04/06 (136 skilled modl). I really want to front load my medicals and police checks July time to hopefully speed up the process. What does everyone think, i worry as there is still a chnace they may say no, hope not. Any views much welcome.
Katex
Hi

OH is on a 136 skilled modl too, our agent asked us to do medicals as soon as we got acknowledgement of visa - we had no qualms about doing this as we cant see any problems arising, also very keen to get the medicals out of the way as OH is type 1 diabetic and wanted to see if anything cropped up (nothing so far - touch wood etc).

We did our police checks prior to completing our visa application as OH had a few Drunk and Disorderlies from his distant past (silly boy!) and we wanted the right dates and info etc for the main application form.

Good luck which ever way you decide to go.

Paula
Old Jun 14th 2006, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: is it wise to front load meds and police checks

Originally Posted by ktee
Katex

hi kate

we are on 136 modl too (boyfreind brickie) we got out acknowledment on the 9th march. we frontloaded our police checks and medicals. DIMA received our police checks in may, and lcu have already prcessed our medicals, doc sent them off on the 1st of june. i think it will save at bit of time once DIMA are ready for them there will already have them in our file........ good luck with your application.

michelle x