Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wiring money back to UK

Wiring money back to UK

Old Feb 27th 2008, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all
Default Wiring money back to UK

Anyone else do this? Does it work out as a poor option given the exchange rate? I guess it depends on how much u earn.

Gav
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:35 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wiring money back to UK

Originally Posted by Gav_71
Anyone else do this? Does it work out as a poor option given the exchange rate? I guess it depends on how much u earn.

Gav
It depends on how much you want to send. HiFX mininum is $10K
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

www.tranzfers.com
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gav_71

Gav
Unfortunately the exchange rate is surprisingly unaffected by how well paid you are !
Old Feb 27th 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Gav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to allGav_71 is a name known to all

Well obviously your salary doesn't affect the actual exchange rate! That's not what I meant. I just meant that the more u earn, the less of an impact wiring money back will be coz obviously it will seem a lot in $ if your salary aint great!

Gav
Old Feb 27th 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Cairnsexpat is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to periodically send money to a NatWest account in the UK from a Bank of Queensland account. The exchange rate was always close to that quoted on xe.com and it was a flat $30 charge per transaction.

Hope this helps