Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wireless Broadband ADSL Router

Wireless Broadband ADSL Router

Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:28 am

dmagk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wireless Broadband ADSL Router

Don't worry I don't know what it means either ! Does anyone know if our BT wireless broadband unit would work in Australia or do the telephone companies supply them ?
Thanks
Old Feb 17th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wireless Broadband ADSL Router

i got one from the USA and it works in india perfectly well. The only catch is, i had to get the universal plug to suit the indian electric socket. I guess, you may have to get one that suits OZ. On a lighter note, you won't have problem in India as we have copied from you albeit a bit shabbily.
Old Feb 18th 2009, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Originally Posted by dmagk
Don't worry I don't know what it means either ! Does anyone know if our BT wireless broadband unit would work in Australia or do the telephone companies supply them ?
Thanks
We brought our Belkin wireless router with us and it works just fine. TPG simply sent us the configuration settings and we re-set it. Saved the cost of a new one. Can you re-configure the BT one ?
Alison xx
Old Feb 18th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

BATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to allBATS666 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dmagk
Thanks
internet companies do supply them but they are usually more expensive than buying them retail or on the net. bring your own if you can.....and a mains adaptor...and as said, checked to see if it needs reconfiguring.
D Link and Netgear are available here.