Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Winter Wonderland?

Winter Wonderland?

Old Feb 22nd 2005, 7:43 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winter Wonderland?

Woke up this morning to a picture postcard snowscape. It's great if you only have to look at it, but a bitch if you have to get to work. Train in was okay, but the snow was falling quite heavily in Surrey. I can see big problems getting home tonight (if at all). Enjoy the sunshine in Oz you lucky gits.
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 8:13 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: Winter Wonderland?

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Woke up this morning to a picture postcard snowscape. It's great if you only have to look at it, but a bitch if you have to get to work. Train in was okay, but the snow was falling quite heavily in Surrey. I can see big problems getting home tonight (if at all). Enjoy the sunshine in Oz you lucky gits.
Its 7pm here, 26C still, I don't have aircon and the humidity is kicking in... at this precise moment I'd love some snow
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
Its 7pm here, 26C still, I don't have aircon and the humidity is kicking in... at this precise moment I'd love some snow
Its been snowing here in Suffolk on and off all day, but its really heavy and laying. Looks fantastic! Kids are outside having snow ball fights (they're making the most of it), I'm about to get the cam corder out and get some shots (just in case we don't see snow for a while)!
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 4:22 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by glittababe
Its been snowing here in Suffolk on and off all day, but its really heavy and laying. Looks fantastic! Kids are outside having snow ball fights (they're making the most of it), I'm about to get the cam corder out and get some shots (just in case we don't see snow for a while)!

Hiya glittababe,

I want some snow and I want it now, lol. It might be the last I see for a while.
Sarah
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mlbonner
i'd be able to swap fo a couple weeks.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:17 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by karenjc
i'd be able to swap fo a couple weeks.
Hi

Just to follow up from yesterday - overnight and this morning it is snowing big time here on the Kent coast - with even heavier forecast for tonight.

....... but.......... our last winter in UK........hopefully!!!

Jim
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:24 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure what temp it is here now (9,25pm) - but at 6.30 it was still 32 c

Got aircon on - so cool indoors
35 tomorrow

I left UK 6 weeks ago, and as much as I love the sun, it was nice to have a White Christmas beautiful.

Lucky git, Cas
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Leeds-Bradford Airport, an hour or so ago......... I wanna be there!!!!

Last edited by Pollyana; Jan 6th 2007 at 10:02 am.
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:30 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

Just to follow up from yesterday - overnight and this morning it is snowing big time here on the Kent coast - with even heavier forecast for tonight.

....... but.......... our last winter in UK........hopefully!!!

Jim
Where abouts on Kent coast are you? We're just outside Hythe on the edges of the Marsh.

It's snowing again now, looks like we're in for some more...
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:36 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bridiej
Where abouts on Kent coast are you? We're just outside Hythe on the edges of the Marsh.

Hi

On the outskirts of Sittingbourne - very near the North Kent cost - its blowing straight in off the North Sea!!

Jim
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi

On the outskirts of Sittingbourne - very near the North Kent cost - its blowing straight in off the North Sea!!

Jim
Yikes, that must be COLD! :scared:
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:06 am
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Just a dusting here in Godalming, Surrey, it's all gone now, and the sun is shining. I can't wait for those 30c temps in January and Feburary. Will I miss the snow? I didn't when we lived in KL!!

Enjoy the snow you UK east coasters!

Paul
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 10:15 am
frozen to the keyboard

Brissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura aboutBrissiegirl has a spectacular aura about

it's all sunshine in South Devon.... no snow that I can see!!! Although, I think we had about 2 flakes of snow at lunchtime yesterday...
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej

You're only a few miles away from me then!

It's just stopped snowing here, but lying thick on the ground. Hope I can get to college tomorrow!
Old Feb 23rd 2005, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by tonyk38
You're only a few miles away from me then!

It's just stopped snowing here, but lying thick on the ground. Hope I can get to college tomorrow!
My college course tonight has been cancelled - dont know why as the snow all cleared, although we've had a bit more but not laying on the roads.

Sounds to me like the lecturers wanted a night off!!

(oh dear, I have assumed here that you are a student and not a lecturer!!!!!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.