Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Winter in Sydney - was that it?

Winter in Sydney - was that it?

Old Aug 27th 2007, 3:41 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Winter in Sydney - was that it?

Ok, I know it's above average temps this week but - seriously - was that it?!

Barely noticed.

Graham
Old Aug 27th 2007, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter in Sydney - was that it?

Yup, we're on the downhill stretch now. It will get warmer from now on, rather than colder.

Though actually this winter was far colder and wetter than usual. If you think this winter was a mild one - you'll have a very pleasant suprise in winters to come.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:10 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northerner

Barely noticed.

Graham

Yup, that's the long and the short of it. Walking down Darling Street earlier I could feel the sun warming me up again!

Have you made contact with Al K yet?

S
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:41 am
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yup, that's the long and the short of it. Walking down Darling Street earlier I could feel the sun warming me up again!

Have you made contact with Al K yet?

S
Arrives tonight. Nice week weather wise for them to land here!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:45 am
Australian Citizen

Weirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond reputeWeirdstone has a reputation beyond repute

Barely noticed.

Graham
Same here in Melbourne ...it's 25 here today ..been out all morning, and off out again now to catch some more of that lovely warm sun.

Mellies had a cold winter this year compared to the last two I've had here....but it's gone...and that's that
Old Aug 27th 2007, 5:01 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

you are obviously in a warmer house than the one we are renting. Friend of OH says that he marks the city to surf as the point when it gets better. Last Sept was very wet though
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Barely noticed.

Graham
Was this your first winter here? Last year (my first winter) I worked in 3/4 length trousers, short sleeves and sandals, this winter its been full trousers, long sleeves, boots and a coat.

Can't wait for summer now, I defineitely think I acclimatised to quickly.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Will it be nicely warmed up for us arriving the beginning of November
Old Aug 27th 2007, 2:26 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Josie1100
Will it be nicely warmed up for us arriving the beginning of November
Oh yes. It'll be averaging 25 degrees then with plenty of 30+ days ...