Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Winter Solstice......

The Winter Solstice......

Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:50 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Winter Solstice......

.....is here! Or Summer Solstice if you're in Aus.......

Anyhoo, it's now the shortest day of the year, and come Wednesday the days will be getting longer again.......

So for those of you who suffer from SAD, just a few more months and you'll see the icicles on the ends of your noses thaw before your very eyes! And for those of you who are seeing your last ever British winter.......'Here comes the sun, do do do do, here comes the sun and I say, it's all right! ' (sorry Cas for those gratuitous Beatle lyrics!
Old Dec 20th 2004, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Winter Solstice......

Originally Posted by tonyk38

Anyhoo, it's now the shortest day of the year, and come Wednesday the days will be getting longer again.......

So for those of you who suffer from SAD, just a few more months and you'll see the icicles on the ends of your noses thaw before your very eyes! And for those of you who are seeing your last ever British winter.......'Here comes the sun, do do do do, here comes the sun and I say, it's all right! ' (sorry Cas for those gratuitous Beatle lyrics!
Believe in the sentiments - even if Beatles - prefer Kinks version - sorry.

Glad my b/day was not on the shortest day!

Soon, we'll all be in the place where the sun shines brightest, where the wind is warm and the earth sings with life.

Cas x
sorry bit drunk
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:03 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka

Soon, we'll all be in the place where the sun shines brightest, where the wind is warm and the earth sings with life.

Cas x
sorry bit drunk
Ah yes alcohol......now you're singing my tune!

Where's the whisky to chase away those winter blues......
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Drinking Port tonight.

have you finished that bottle of whisky?
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:13 am
Account Closed

Drinking Port tonight.

have you finished that bottle of whisky?
There's a couple of drams left, which I'm tucking into as we speak!

'Summertime.....and the living is eeeeeeaasyyyyy........'
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:24 am
Badge

When you two have quite finished.....

have another

BM

Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:25 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Badge

have another

BM
sorry
not yet
Old Dec 21st 2004, 12:30 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Badge

have another

BM
Hey badge! What's your poison on a summer's eve?
Old Dec 21st 2004, 2:27 am
Account Closed

Cas x
sorry bit drunk
What about Cockney Rebel's version? It's a bit punkier than the original.

'Summer lovin', happens so faaast'
Old Dec 21st 2004, 4:35 am
PommieLeague

And theres Erasure's 'Run to the Sun' they released a few years ago...

Its amazing that on this high summer's day here in Perth, the sun is litterally above my head, so unlike how I see it in the UK at an angle.

Old Dec 21st 2004, 9:35 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I shall be running around the garden naked later hugging a tree in a pagan ritual to celebrate the solstice (Then going to casualty with frostbite on my extermities and squirrel bites in my nuts)
Old Dec 21st 2004, 10:26 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by worzel
I shall be running around the garden naked later hugging a tree in a pagan ritual to celebrate the solstice (Then going to casualty with frostbite on my extermities and squirrel bites in my nuts)

There is a visual I didnt need right before bedtime!!!! :scared: